Stroller/Car seat

iVillage Member
Stroller/Car seat
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 10:32pm

Just a question for all you experienced Mommies! Do any of you have a brand recommendation for strollers or car seats? Just wondering what everyone likes or has, since there are a lot of options out there. Also, does anyone recommend the car seat that attaches to the stroller? DH and I want to go that route, even though a friend gave us a random stroller and a separate car seat.

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 9:48am

I hands down love the Chicco travel systems. We had the red one with DS and I love everything about it...We did some research and found good safety ratings and the functionality is great. It is easy to manuever, has generous under storage, and I love the adjustable handle(so that you and DH can easily adjust to your own height). It has held up GREAT. The carseats are really cute and seem comfy. They come with a head positioner that can be removed down the road and strap covers. I can't say enough-we've had no regrets. For this DS I want another chicco in a different color.

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 3:59pm
I absolutely agree with sonnyandjamie on going the Chicco route! With our first I did a lot of research reading consumer reports and personal reviews on products and Chicco came out on top (in our price bracket). We have the travel system (stroller w/ carseat that attached and base that remains in car). The carseat held our son very comfortably for quite a long time and when we go somewhere that requires a lot of walking we still use the stroller and it fits him just fine-he is now almost 3 and weighs about 34 lbs. We have an umbrella stroller but have only used it maybe twice because it is just not as comfortable for him, yes its more compact but I would rather have my child be comfortable and sacrifice my trunk space (they really aren't that heavy either!) Good luck in whatever you choose, my advice do lots of research and reading reviews on Amazon-even if you don't buy it online the online reviews are super helpful!
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-29-2012 - 12:58am
I had one of those graco cars eats that goes up to 22 pounds etc. I love it EXCEPT the buckles are designed by Satan. Jabbing your tiny newborn with carseat buckles nearly every time you get her in or out is enough to make me want to trash the seat and get a new one for this baby. I don't know what you can do to avoid this. Maybe borrow a baby when picking out carseats? Maybe even using a doll would help
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-29-2012 - 11:46pm
Thank you all so very much for the awesome advice!! I'm out of town right now but when I get home I will do some research. Yall are the best! :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 9:35pm
We like chicco, too! While preg with our first we "test drove" some at babies r us. Graco seemed reallly cheap to me. So we went with the chicco infant seat/stroller travel system. That stroller is still used constantly with our second child and has held up really well. And Britax is the best for carseats. We hqve the rear facing convertible and its easy to install, clip and has held up well thru 2 kids.
You have reminded me now that I need to check the expiration dates for our chicco infant seat and bases to make sure they are still good for the new baby. I sure hope so! :smileyhappy:
Lauren Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 5:02pm

That's awesome! Yeah, I think we're going to go with Chicco. . .I keep reading really good reviews. Thanks for the advice! :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 7:52pm
Even though we already have the red one, we're going to get the green and grey Midori this time. They are awesome!
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 4:21pm

I love that one!! DH and I are just going to have to decide on the color. haha

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 7:22pm
We want the chicco yellow and black one, Sooo cute and got great reviews.
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 7:08pm

I like that one too! :smileyhappy: