What would you do?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
What would you do?
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 6:49pm

I'm just wondering what you guys would do. Since I never had a dating scan my doctor has always given me an EDD of 12/09/12, but I've always gone with the EDD that fertility friend gave me (12/13). I've always gone by the FF EDD, and my belly has measured pretty close to that.

When I went to the hospital, they asked me how far along I was as she was measuring my belly. When I said 20 wks, 4 days she asked if I was sure, and said that my belly was measuring 22wks (I would have been 21 wks, 1 day). I explained that my dr. had given me a EDD of 12/09 based of my LMP, but that I didn't think it was possible.

I guess what I'm asking is what date would you go by? 12/09 or 12/13? I would love to a week further, but I am just not sure I am.

Help me ladies lol

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 12:00am
I'm in the same boat. I know I ovulated early, I'd been tracking it for three years for crying out loud. Plus, based on the dates from the Dr. this would be an immaculate conception :-) LOL, so I tell people the due date they gave me but don't expect to go that long. At my 20 week ultrasound the baby was measuring a full week ahead, and my belly always measures two weeks ahead. Belly is affected by my fibroid though, which is the size of a large lemon :-( Go with whatever makes you feel comfortable. He is going to come when he feels like it anyway! LOL
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 6:37pm

That is tricky! I think I might go with 12/13. . .because going by LMP isn't always that accurate. If I went by my LMP, I would have been due around November 21 or 22. That would be impossible for DH and I. I knew there was pretty much only one day we could have conceived, and sure enough I was right when I got my dating scan at 7 weeks. This made my due date December 5, but if I would've gone by my LMP, it would've been 11/21 or 11/22. That would've been way off! Just go with what your heart really feels is more accurate. :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Sat, 08-04-2012 - 3:20pm
Its only a few days apart so I wouldnt even let it bother me. I'm always measuring between dec 30 and jan 3. My doctor said that she would never change my due date unless there is a major difference. I would stick with what the doctor gave