23 week appointment and prenatal depression

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
23 week appointment and prenatal depression
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 1:21pm

I've been diagnosed with prenatal depression at my last appointment.  But I love my OB, she wants me to take 30-45 minutes a day to myself, no baby, no SO.  She told my SO to help out around the house (he does but awesome the doctor told him too) so I'm not over whelmed, and wants to try natural remedies before antidepressants.  

We also discussed our plan if little man doesn't flip head down, we'll u/s at 35 weeks, and go from there.  At 37 weeks, I can try to ahve an external version or I can just go ahead and have a c-section.  My DS's delivery was very hard, 3 hours pushing and 3rd almost 4th degree tears/cut/vacuum assist, I couldn't walk/sit for months, so I'd almost welcome a c-section anyways.  

Other than that, my urine culture showed the anitbiotics are finally working!  But she wants me to stay on a low-dose until 36 weeks because I'm having a lot of BH and there still is a sligthly evalvated bacteria in my urine.  And I've now gained 17lbs total.  Which I can thank over eating for lol! 

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 2:55pm
I think you're doing great on your weight! I've gained more than that. -I'm glad that you're dr. is helping you along with your prenatal depression. It's actually a lot more common than many of us realize and an oz. of prevention is worth a pound of cure when it comes to letting it go untreated!
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 4:56pm

I'm glad to hear the antibiotics are working! I will pray that the natural remedies help with the depression. . .please keep us updated!

Your delivery with DS sounds terrifying! :smileysad:  Oucccchhh! Have you ever heard of Miles Circuit? I was reading about it yesterday. . .it's a technique that can help flip your baby prenatally or help put the baby in proper position if you are having trouble during labor. I just hope this birth is a lot smoother for you! <3