24 weeks 1 day Appointment

iVillage Member
24 weeks 1 day Appointment
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 12:32am

This morning DH and I saw our midwife. The appointment went really well! My belly is measuring perfectly with how far along I am, and weight gain/vitals/etc. were all great. Eli's heart beat was 160. It was so sweet to hear it again! <3 When our midwife was measuring my belly, she got really excited when she was pushing towards the top and was like FEEL THIS!! So I felt it. . .and I just thought it was the top of my uterus because it felt like a bump. . .but she said it was his feet. :smileyvery-happy: She was so excited which made me really excited! haha I really adore her. . .she is such an amazing women and makes us feel so good whenever we see her. I know she truly cares about us and our baby and she has a wonderful, sweet spirit.

I go back September 13th and I have to take the GD test! She also told me that I can fast if I want, but I definitely don't have to. I'm just not supposed to eat/drink anything sugary or full of carbs if I do. . .she said to eat something high in protein. So now I'm on the fence. . .my appointment is at 11 am so I know I won't be able to eat until after 12. . .which for me would be super hard. I usually eat pretty soon after I wake up in the morning. I'm kind of tempted to call back and change my appointment to 8 am if I can. . .but I know it would be harder for DH to make the appointment at that time. But anyways I thought I would just share an update. . .I'm so thankful Elijah and I are so healthy! God is so good!

Oh yeah, and she isn't concerned about my fainting issue. She said it's normal and since it happens an hour after I eat it's probably all the blood/nutrients/glucose [or whatever] going to the baby which leaves me feeling very faint. I will just have to be really careful!

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 1:11pm

Thank you!! Yeah, that is normally what I feel. . .it's usually a rounded bump. . .like a head or a bum or something! But this was a tiny little bump that honestly just felt like the top of my uterus. haha :smileyhappy:

I just changed my appointment to 8 am so I can fast. DH requested that morning off of work so he will be able to go with me and drive. And yeah, I'm wondering if I'm going to faint too. I normally have that feeling after I get my blood drawn anyways. . .but at least I will be at my midwife's office in case something does happen! I'll probably bring a snack and just lay down for a while after they do the blood test. I know they'll let me lay there as long as I need to. Please God let me pass this test!!!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 5:57pm

I'm glad your appt went well. Your midwife sounds awesome! If you like eggs, maybe have an omelette with veggies and cheese before? There would be next to no sugar in that so I would say you'd be safe. Whatever you eat, just check the lables for sugar and pass on anything that has it. LOL! Cause failing that test sucks!

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 1:03am
Oh, your midwife sounds awesome! How cool that she could show you the feet :-) I think eggs are a great idea, I think I'll do that too. Ask for juice after your blood draw, it will regulate your blood sugar quickly, hope you don't pass out ...that's scary!
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 10:12pm

She really is! :smileyhappy: I'm so scared of failing so that's why I don't even want to eat. . .even if it the food has no sugar. haha

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 10:15pm

It was pretty awesome even though I had no idea what I was feeling. :smileyhappy: haha I'm going to fast but maybe for dinner the night before I will have eggs for dinner. And thanks, I reallllly hope I don't pass out either!!!!