25 week doctor appointment (yay)

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
25 week doctor appointment (yay)
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 10:34pm

So I had my 25 week appointment, and it was pretty good. They have "offically" diagnosed me with an irritable uterus. Basically it means that I have contractions that don't do anything to the cervix, or cause labour to start. The doctor says that as long as I don't have any changes in my cervix, to try to relax and not worry about it. He gave me a list of reasons, to worry but said that other being a pain in the butt; it shouldn't cause any harm to the baby.

I also found out that I failed my gestational diabetes test by .2 points. The first thing the doctor said when he walked in the room was you are too sweet, what did you eat the night before. I told him what I had eaten the night before (a slice of cake, a starbucks mocha, and an ice tea) I thought that because I didn't eat for about 7 hours I would be ok, but he said no. He said that because I failed it by .2 I could either redo the 1 hour test or take a 2 hour test. I asked him which he suggested and he said it was really up to me. I decided to do the 2 hour test, just to know for sure. SO I have to book that appointment for sometime in the next 4 weeks. He also said he really doesn't think that I have it, .2 is such a small margin he said that there is about at 5% chance that I actually have it. Yay!

Baby sounded really good and happy. I didn't get to see him this time, this doctor seemed to be in a bit of a rush. But I was really really happy with the appointment. I lost another 2.6 kgs, but doctor didn't seem concerned.

Thanks for reading my novel...

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 10:58pm

Yay for an uneventful visit! Hope the 2hr test goes smoothly for you :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 1:51pm
So glad baby is doing well! I'm sorry you have to repeat the test, but I guess it is better to be on the safe side. Keep trying to take it easy :-)
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 9:18pm

Yayyy for a healthy baby but boooo to failing the test by .2 points! Rawr! Obviously I'm not an expert but I bet it definitely had to do with what you had to eat the night before. Maybe next time if you eat a dinner high in protein the night before, you will pass it. I sure hope so! Keep us updated. :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-31-2012 - 3:43pm

Awww I bet he did!! :smileyvery-happy: It was DH's birthday yesterday and I made him a brownie cake with cream cheese icing and sprinkles, then we had vanilla ice cream with reeses peanut butter chocolate syrup on it. A little after I ate it I could feel Eli moving a lot and he got the hiccups! It was so cute! :smileyvery-happy: