back from check-up

iVillage Member
back from check-up
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 11:10am

well doc did an u/s to check cervix length and it was still as long as it's supposed to be. He's still a little worried by the positive fetal fibronectin test so he wants me to continue to take it easy and see him again in a week. I think he's being a little over cautious but i'm not going to run out and do yard work or anything. I haven't had a whole lot more contrax or any bleeding. just try to do what needs to be done sitting down as much as posible.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 6:56pm

That's Great! I'm glad that everything is as it should be...Keep taking it easy. It's better to be over cautious than not cautious enough.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 9:11pm

That's great news about your cervix!! Just keep taking it easy like you have been. . .sounds like you are doing a good job! :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 1:51pm
Sounds good! I think Dr.s are always a little more cautious than necessary, which is good...except that it scares you sometimes! Just relax and try to keep off of your feet and think thick cervix thoughts :-)
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-26-2012 - 9:13pm

i'm doing pretty well at taking it easy. I did go to the Ladies' pizza and movie night at church on friday and a friend of mine had a Pinterest party on Saturday evening but other than driving to those two things and back i probably spent more time off my feet there than i would have at home with the boys. Today i've felt kind of icky again. I really wanted to just relax and keep my feet up. my back was hurting and i had a couple more contrax but not a lot and not close together. I'm feeling better now. I think it might have been dehydration today.

the OB wants to see me again thursday and maybe re do the fetal fibronectin test so i just keep taking it easy until then. i did get some done on the baby quilt yesterday because i could to that sitting down. I've got to keep being good so the doc will let me go to my parents' house in Indiana next weekend for my littlest DS's 4th b-day. MIL is coming too so between she and my mom i'm sure they'll make sure they'll take care of me while i'm there.

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-26-2012 - 11:05pm

you know even after 4 i'm not completely sure what the difference is between BHs and regular contractions. they tell you that BHs don't hurt and don't make you progress but i know there were times in my last couple pregnancies when i would have a weekend of painless contractions and when i went to my next drs appt i would have dilated a centimeter or two. Truth is for all four of my boys i have gone in for the last appt and the doc would say, "your 'X' cms dilated you're going into the hospital tomorrow to have this baby" and then i would be induced with an epidural so i can't say that i've really ever felt a real contraction but since i was already 3, 4, or 5 cms at that point it seems like the painless ones were getting the job done. 

so far with this one i seem to be staying long and closed and i hope that will last until the middle of November at least. But i know also that you can be 2to3 cms for weeks before giving birth and it's just fine.

and yes our families are great! I do wish they lived a little closer. My mom and dad are about a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive from us and they're about half way between us and MIL that's why she meets us in the middle sometimes. the boys are great travellers too. so that makes it nice for just a weekend visit. It would be great to have them in town though so we could just send a couple or all of the boys over for an evening to go out. It can be difficult to find a sitter for 4 boys that doesn't cost more than the date itself.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 5:04pm

had another check up this morning with another fetal fibronectin test. cervix is still long and closed and the test was NEGATIVE hooray!!!! so i don't have to take it easy. i still think i will when i'm able because i've been hurting some if i run around too much but it will be as i feel necessary rather than just a dr decree. so we can travel for  DS#4's b-day without worry! the doc wanted to see me back in a week if it was positive, or 2 weeks if negative so i will see him again sept 14th to make sure the pre-term labor stuff is not a problem and my regular 28 week appt with GD test will be Sept 18th. hmm maybe i should just call back and see if they want me to combine those two since they're so close together.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 9:14pm

Yayyyy!!!! Praise God for a great appointment today! Glad things are going well. :smileyhappy: