Finally went to the midwife...annnnnndd....

iVillage Member
Finally went to the midwife...annnnnndd....
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 4:47pm

We absolutely love her and are planning a homebirth! She's been a midwife since 1970 and has seen just about everything dealing with childbirth. She also has full certifications/licensure, so she can order tests, ultrasounds, meds, abx, etc. just like a doc at the hospital. As a bonus, if I do have to transfer to the hospital (15 min away) she can go with me and has priveleges there, so I won't have to be one of those poor mamas that has to transfer and then is treated like crap for attempting a homebirth.

It's really the best situation for us and I am beyond thrilled :smileyvery-happy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 7:39pm
I am so excited for you! Midwifes are awesome for more natural births. It's also really good to know that she'll be with you every step of the way no matter what.
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-11-2012 - 11:30am

YAYYYYY!! I'm so very excited for you!! :smileyvery-happy: I can't wait to hear about your birth experience! That's awesome that she has privileges at the hospital. It makes me sick to think how some women get treated poorly for attempting a homebirth when it is not successful. I would love to have a homebirth someday as well. . .I'm delivering this baby at a hospital with a midwife though. I'm so happy things have worked out for you! :smileyhappy: