Hospital Update

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Hospital Update
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 6:40pm

Hi Ladies,

Sorry it took me so long to respond. The nurses at the hospital were really nice, they even brought me a food tray cause they didn't want me to go hungry. It took forever for the doctor to call back, and he said that since I'd had the ultrasound the week before and there was no abruption or low lying placenta he was just going to send me home. I'm not sure if the nurse saw a look on my face or something but she asked if I was going to worry about it all night. I told her yes, most likely and so she said she was going to make the doctor come in a check me.

When he finally got there he did a pelvic exam, and saw the problem right away. Apparently I have a hematoma on my cervix. He said that is most likely causing the bleeding and all the spotting, and that the bleeding will most likley continue to happen my whole pregnancy. :smileysad: He said as long as it doesn't cause any problems with the pregnancy they most likley won't do anything about it until the baby is born. I haven't really googled it, or researched it cause I don't want to freak myself out. I am sorta mad that none of my other doctors, had decided to do a cervical check but I'm glad that I have some answers.

They are sorta worried about my blood pressure, it was 134/80 when I first came in, and while it's not high for most people it's high for me. My highest reading so far this pregnancy according to my chart was 115/70. We figured that it might be cause I was freaked out about being in the hospital, but they took it two more times and it was 139/83 and 141/82. So we are going to watch that. They said that if I'm getting more headaches (I've been having really bad migraines lately), or if I start seeing spots I need to come back in.

SO that is where we stand for now.

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 11:14pm

First of all Praise the Lord that you and baby are okay and you finally got some answers!!! but MAN! just having to sit it out is awful! and teeth on top of it all. :smileysad: Well we're going to keep praying for comfort and healing. and anyway *hugs* so glad to have you back!

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 11:54pm
Wow! Such great news! Well, at least much better than it could be :-) So glad it doesn't seem dangerous for the baby, but how stressful for you. Hopefully your blood pressure will go down after some of the stress dies down. Try to pamper yourself for awhile! Glad you're back, I've been checking for updates all day!
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 6:42pm

Wow! That is crazy. I'm so glad you pretty much know what is causing the bleeding now, and that they did a cervical check before you left. I'm so sorry you are still dealing with it though. :smileysad: DH and I will continue to pray for you and this situation, and your blood pressure. Please continue to keep us updated. <3