A little disappointed with my first doctors appointment.

iVillage Member
A little disappointed with my first doctors appointment.
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 12:30am

I went to see my gp today, so that I could get a referral to the maternity clinic in my area. My doctor is out of town for 5 week, so I saw his fill in. I had a really traumatic miscarriage last May, so me and my doctor had a plan set up for when I found out I was pregnant again. Even though it was in my chart this doctor pretty much said, no to the plan. So I am a little frustrated.

Me and my doc had agreed that when I got a bfp, he'd send me off for blood work, make an appointment for an u/s and send me over to the mat. clinic asap. This doc said no to the blood work and the u/s, he said if I hadn't heard from the mat. clinic with an appointment date by Friday to call on Monday.

I know that I am not the first person to have a miscarriage, but it was basically 3 weeks of spotting and 3 different ultrasound where one would say there was a hb, then one would say no, then one would say yes. To top it off I ended up finally miscarrying on DS 2nd birthday.

Thanks for letting me vent a little, I just wanna know this bean is nestled nicely into my tummy. Thanks for listening.

iVillage Member
That sucks. I hate it when doctors are lousy.
iVillage Member
I haven't intoduced myself here but I just wanted to say that I would call back and throw a fit! it's your body and you are ultimately in charge of your medical care. I don't think that they can flat out tell you no. I would DEMAND the blood tests at the very least and I wouldn't take no for an answer. You deserve to be be able to put your mind at rest. Like I said, your body, your decision.
iVillage Member
That's frustrating!! I would definitely be having a word with my normal doc when he/she returned. Have you heard anything from the clinic yet?
http://www.myjoy-filledlife.blogspot.com
iVillage Member

Nope nothing yet, but I hurt my back picking up my son on the weekend so I've been bed ridden since Saturday.

iVillage Member
Oh no! I'd be making some phone calls today if I were you!!
http://www.myjoy-filledlife.blogspot.com