Creating a Birth Plan?

iVillage Member
Creating a Birth Plan?
Thu, 08-22-2013 - 9:55am

Many of the birth plans you may see in books or birth classes are simply checklists of medical procedures you do or don't want. To be truly useful, a birth plan should include much more. If you want to give birth normally, you'll need to develop strategies for making it happen. You'll also need to talk with your support team and your caregiver as your plans take shape. The more restrictive your birth site is, the more carefully you'll need to plan and the harder you'll have to work to keep your birth normal.

Read more: http://www.ivillage.com/lamaze-guide-creating-birth-plan/6-a-144649

Have you thought about creating a birth plan for your coming labor/delivery?  If so, what things will you be including in your plan?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-23-2013 - 9:15am

I plan on doing this for sure.  I'm going to bring it up with my doc at my next appointment.  While I want to have a plan in place, I'm also quite realistic and I know things may not go as I hope.  Hopefully my doctor will help give me some realistic expectations to put into place! 

photo lorelei_zpsde1fdebb.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-22-2013 - 5:46pm

usally what i am thinking is that when i have contactions he will call the hospital and if its too late he would help me with the birth last time we were soo late that i had to scream and shout so much. bad thing is that i fainted and the baby didnt come out so this time i hope it will. my steps for birth at home made from my husband. cover with a blanket.push stomach.if cant see baby push harder. DO ANYTHING THAT WILL HELP YOUR WIFE. dont u love husbands

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-22-2013 - 5:46pm

usally what i am thinking is that when i have contactions he will call the hospital and if its too late he would help me with the birth last time we were soo late that i had to scream and shout so much. bad thing is that i fainted and the baby didnt come out so this time i hope it will. my steps for birth at home made from my husband. cover with a blanket.push stomach.if cant see baby push harder. DO ANYTHING THAT WILL HELP YOUR WIFE. dont u love husbands