Delivery room- who wants to be there?

iVillage Member
Delivery room- who wants to be there?
Tue, 05-21-2013 - 12:23pm

Has anyone asked (or assumed!) to be in the delivery room with you? Who do you want there? Anyone you DON'T want?

photo lorelei_zpsde1fdebb.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-24-2013 - 11:06am

My mom wants to be there, my husband of course, and then there is my MIL.  She has expressed a desire to be in the room, but I really don't want her there. Not sure how this will all play out.  I'm hoping to just call her when baby has been born?? 

photo lorelei_zpsde1fdebb.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-24-2013 - 6:35pm

My sister asked me this time to practice her doula skills with me (she isn't a doula yet).  I gave her a flat-out no.  She wanted to be in the delivery room for my first child's birth and I told her no then.  Just my husband.  I told her I didn't want anyone else in there with me.  I'm a very private person, especially when it comes to my privates!  lol

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-25-2013 - 12:01pm

With my first, it was my mom, my dad and my bf (who was not her dad but he knew that). With my 2nd it was my husband, my mother, my grandmother and my older daughter (she was 3, and stayed on the other side of the room with my grandma). This time, I of course want my husband, but the other people are undecided. Probably my mom because she's been there for the other two, and possibly someone from my husbands family if he wants them there, but DEFINATELY not his mom.