Visitors After Baby Arrives

iVillage Member
Visitors After Baby Arrives
Fri, 07-26-2013 - 9:31am

“Why did it take Kate’s parents so long to visit?” a reader asked me this morning. “Did the Mean Queen keep them away?”

My guess is that their children did. But that’s just my personal bias in the very personal question of when and whether to visit a new mother in the hospital.

The infant Prince was born at 4:24 yesterday afternoon, we are told, and Carole and Michael Middleton were the first relatives to see him, at about 3:04 p.m. the following day. Charles and Camilla were next, arriving at 5:25.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/23/visitors-after-having-a-baby_n_3640422.html

How do you feel about having visitors in the hospital when baby arrives?  Will you visit with people in the hospital or will you ask them to wait until you are settled at home?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-02-2013 - 3:25pm

I'm a little torn on this one. On one hand I want to share my baby with the world, but on another, I have a feeling I'll want quiet time to bond.  However, being that it will be flu season, I'm guessing we'll ask everyone to wait to visit baby until we are home and can control the environment a bit more.  We'll see! 

photo lorelei_zpsde1fdebb.png