Light headed and heart palpitations

iVillage Member
Light headed and heart palpitations
Fri, 04-26-2013 - 10:40am

So last night I felt very light headed when I was laying down and my heart started to pound and I felt warm all over. I didn't feel pain nor bleeding, but this happened to me with two miscarriages right before miscarrying. I called the doc and she said they were just coincidences. One thing has nothing to do with the other. She isn't worried unless I have pain and/or bleeding. She wants me to rest and stay hydrated. Have any of you experienced this? I actually feel well and no pain nor bleeding.

Jez- Mama to Jon Pierre (9), Jetzebell (8) and Baby #3 EDD 12/18/13. Wife to Alan my hero.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-26-2013 - 3:29pm

HUGS, mama.  How scary for you, especially considering your history.  I've had this happen before and I'm almost certain it was related to my blood sugar levels being too low (waited too long to eat).  Could that have been what was going on?

photo lorelei_zpsde1fdebb.png

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-28-2013 - 1:03pm

I've had lightheadedness with my three previous pregnancies.  A few times it was very bad with heart palpatations, sweating, and extreme sensitivity to light.  I passed out cold at work, and that is how my co-workers found out I was pregnant.  I have never been so embarrassed!!!  I just naturally have low blood pressure, and my blood pressure drops from time to time.  I've had trouble with similar symptoms during my period before I had children.

With my first son, I was so afraid that it would happen while driving that I actually stopped going places alone.

I have my fingers crossed that this pregnancy will not include that particular symptoms, but I think that just might be how I'm made. Wink

I hope you are feeling better.  I found that I needed to sit or lie down was soon as I felt it coming.  Cool cloths on my head helped.  Small snacks and drinks of cool water helped, too.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 10:17pm
Thank you so much for your feedback. I actually think that is exactly the case for me as well.

Jez- Mama to Jon Pierre (9), Jetzebell (8) and Baby #3 EDD 12/18/13. Wife to Alan my hero.