Anyone Planning a Babymoon?

iVillage Member
Anyone Planning a Babymoon?
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 2:12pm

Before you know it, you’ll be deep in diaper duty and all-nighters, so get in one last rendezvous while you can. For a week or just a few nights, forget about baby names and showers and focus on bringing sexy back.

Escape While You Can! 8 Babymoon Ideas to Suit Your Travel Style- http://www.ivillage.com/escape-while-you-can-8-babymoon-ideas-suit-your-travel-style/6-b-140453?ice=...

Are you planning to take a Babymoon?  If so, when will you go?  Where are you going?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 2:54pm

We are! I've given DH two different options. 1.) take a train ride to a really neat lodge in Glacier Park before Christmas, or 2.) Take a drive to Seattle before Christmas and stop in Leavenwoth, WA to see their fantastic Christmas lights. 

The lodge is pretty neat. The train drops you off right in front of it and you can stay in actual train cars that they've converted into rooms.  There are cross-country skiing trails and good food and a lovely rustic lobby with a giant fire place.  That trip would be more relaxing, I think.  Seattle would be more about fun and shopping and hopefully eating good food.  Leavenworth is pretty fun too. The whole town was built in the Bavarian style so you feel like you're in Germany the whole time.   

So I guess we'll see what we're in the mood for in December/January.  I may just want to lay on my couch like a beached whale. hehe

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 9:02pm

Well hubby got me the best anniversary gift which I will consider our babymoon :smileyhappy:  Here is the card he got me if you wanna take some guesses on where we are going :smileywink:

Oh & it will be Sept 4th & is 4-5,000 miles away, 8-10 hour flight.  I am in IL.

Collyn 9 mo siggy
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 12:31pm
I'm not sure where you're going, but I'm sure interested to know!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 12:37pm

Jackie, that's awesome! What a sweet thing for your DH to do!  I can't figure out from the card either, but I would pick "what should I pack" and "do I need a passport" for my two questions.  At least I think that said passport :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 10:52pm

The questions I picked were the dates we'd be gone.  With having our son on swim team and us just being overall very busy w/ parties and such, I just had to know the date.  But now I wish I had asked other things!!! Ahhh the suspense.  I will post Tuesday from the airport :smileywink:

Collyn 9 mo siggy
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 8:52am
That sounds like so much fun! One of my good friends' boyfriend surprised her last week with a trip. He set up a private jet and they flew to Atlantic City and have done a ton of fun things throughout the week... I think he may be proposing before they come back!

Anyway, we dont have a baby moon planned but back in July I booked our family vacation and I just paid for it last week. Now, I can't stand myself I'm so excited to go and it's not until 6/29-7/6 next year. With the baby coming, I know it will be here fast but the wait is killer! However, it will be so relaxing (we normally go to Disney World every year) to have a house on the beach and not do anything the whole week!

Amber, the train ride sounds like so much fun. I'd LOVE to do something like that!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 9:14am
We are thinking something around the end of the year. We are going to drop the boys off with his parents for the weekend and run away. LOL We will probably only head up to the Twin Cities or something for the night. What ever I don't care! I just want to be able to sleep in past 7am!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 10:26am

I seriously doubt we'll be doing anything like that unfortunately :-(  We are taking a family vacation in October to Disney World, but the whole famn damily will be with us so not what I call a relaxing get away, certainly not AWAY from kids :-(  My DH and I don't have any family that lives close by, so although we have sitters we use for a night out occassionally, we have no ability for an entire night away.  We get so jealous of our friends who just drop their kiddos off at grandma's house for the weekend.  Since my daughter has born, we haven't had 1 single night away from the kids together.  So he might go hang with some friends for a weekend, and I travel for work occassionally so we've had nights away separately, but none together :-(  Maybe I can try to get some friends to step up for just one night in January.  We will see.

So jealous of Jackie right now!  That is like, my dream to have something like that happen - a surprise trip!  Man that would be awesome. 

Photobucket