BTDT mom's- Anyone sending kids to school this week?

iVillage Member
BTDT mom's- Anyone sending kids to school this week?
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 12:38pm

Just wondering since we have a fair number of BTDT mom's if anyone is sending their kids to school this week.  I'm a little late with this post, I planned to post it last week.  Just wondering how sending the kids to school went and if anyone is sending a child to school for the first time. 

Photobucket

iVillage Member

My DS went back to school yesterday. He only goes 4 hours a day but those 4 hours are wonderful!!

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby
iVillage Member

Oh, and I went back on Monday. :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby
iVillage Member
I sent my oldest to school on 8/15 and my youngest starts preschool on 9/4. This year has been an emotional rollercoaster. It was our 10yr anniversary, our oldest started kindergarten, our youngest is starting preschool and we are having a new baby.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Bryan goes back to school on September 4th. It will be his first year in high school! Eeeeeeeek! I can't say I am over thrilled. LOL I am not one of those moms that can't wait for their kids to get out of the house. But that is mainly because Bryan is a huge help with Wyatt. I can actually take a nap before going to work. LOL So my pregnant toosh will just have to tough it out and hope Wyatt starts going to bed earlier at night.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

My son actually went back August 8.  We live in a district with a strange schedule - they used to be year round, but due to costs, they went to a more standard schedule but it isn't completely standard.  Tristan is in first grade - he actually has spelling tests this year!  That shocked the heck out of me.  I didn't think 'tests' would start until 3rd grade.  The words are pretty simple - 3 - 4 letters each and there are only 6 of them, but still!  A test?  But he seems to really like 1st grade and he actually seems more confident in himself this year than he did last year.  So I am overall happy for him. 

Photobucket

iVillage Member
My oldest started Middle School this week, and my youngest started Kindergarten! It was very emotional! It's been a great start except on Gavin's first day he tripped running into school and busted his lip. Had to go to the nurse before the first bell of the year! Then yesterday the nurse called, he fell at recess and busted his chin. Thought maybe he needed stitches!! He didnt, thank gosh! He's so graceful! And we started soccer this week. I am exhausted!!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket