Carseats

iVillage Member
Carseats
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 11:57am

Has anyone used the Chicco carseat in the past? I'm pretty sure that's what we're going to get for this baby because of the good reviews, but I just wanted to see if anyone had personal experience with them.  

My cousin just had her 5th and that's what she uses.  She said that the Chicco seats are recommended because they don't use as many nasty chemicals during production that can get absorbed in baby's skin.. Apparently some tested high for lead! Yikes! Glad she told me that before I bought one... I've never really thought about that before with carseats. 

iVillage Member
In reply to: abereth
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 4:09pm

We went with the Britax, the Boulevard model I think, and I love it!  It was rated the highest for safety & comfort (although how much can a baby that can't talk really tell you about how comfortable they are?).  I liked that it had a really high rating for roll-over protection.  There was even a review by a woman that got hit by another car, rolled it multiple times & her baby made it out without so much as a scratch & she swears it was due to the headrests & all the padding & stuff in the seat.  It's kind of expensive, but since it goes up to like 75 or 80 lbs I figured it was worth it because it will last him for a long time.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 7:43pm
I've never used Chicco before. With my other 2 kids I used Graco and Eddie Bauer. I never had a problem with either one. However, we no longer have any of our old baby stuff so we have to buy new. I haven't even began to look at the different brands so I'm glad you posted this. It'll give me a head start!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 7:18am

We used a chicco seat for our first two kids. I would be using the same seat again, but it expires in feb 2013. We will probably buy another of the same brand.

Photobucket