Cautious about weight gain

iVillage Member
Cautious about weight gain
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 11:12am

Is anyone else a little worried about weight gain already?  Maybe it's just because I'm a little self conscious because I started out at a little higher weight than normal when we found out we were pg.  I haven't really gained all that much yet, but now that I'm in the 2nd trimester I know the real weight gain is going to get started and I'm just worried about putting on too much weight and I know that it can make things harder and lead to more complications.  I've never been small but I worked really hard to lose weight when I got out of highschool and into my college years.  I just think I'm worried that I'll gain all this weight and you really can't diet to try to lose it once it's there. Just wondering if this was on anyone else's mind.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 5:54pm

I'm bad about stepping on the scale first thing in the morning too & I have got to stop that little habit!  At first all I did was lose weight, I actually went down 10 lbs, but the first lb crept back on this past week & I had to stop myself from crying & remind myself that I'm supposed to be gaining weight!  LOL!  I'm a bit neurotic these days about everything, and my weight is just another thing for me to obsess over.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 7:56pm
I was obsessed with weighing myself every morning. A few weeks into my pregnancy the battery died in my scale and I decided that was the perfect time to stop weighing myself. Best choice I ever made... LOL
Photobucket

Pages