Currently Accepting CL Applications!

iVillage Member
Currently Accepting CL Applications!
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 9:39am

Hi everyone,

We are currently accepting applications for Community Leader on the February 2013 Expecting Club (we'll be naming two CLs)!  If you are interested in applying to be a CL for this community, please send the following information to CM Kristy at pboards@mail.ivillage.com.  I'll be sure to get back to you as quickly as possible!

Name:  
Current Member Name:  
Email Address:  
Board Interested in Leading:  
How long have you been an iVillage member?:  
What boards do you visit regularly?:  
Are you a CL on any other board?  
Please tell us why you would be a good leader:

Thanks so much!  We look forward to naming your CLs soon!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 9:05pm

Bumping!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 12:13pm

Lol..does bumping mean no one has applied? What happens if no one applies?

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 10:12pm
Bumping just means you are pushing the post up to the top of the thread so it catches more eyes. I believe almost always there is at least one application. From my experience if there happens to be a lack of apps, kristy will post another post and email a few ladies who she thinks would do a good job. =]
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 11:32am

Oh, I know what bumping means..lol. I was just meaning that if y'all are having to bump, then you probably don't have many asking for the job, that's all. I mean, this board is slooooow!

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 1:21pm
Lol they seem to totally die once everyone has those babies =p
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 1:34pm

It makes me very sad--my best friends in the world are the ones I met on our PG.  Hopefully, y'all can do the same. 

And if nobody applies, you'll be stuck wtih me for a while :smileywink:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 1:41pm

Same here! My August 2008 group is still going strong..but has moved to Facebook. 

I'd honestly love to do it, but I just do not have the time! 

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 4:30pm

I'm in the same boat, Ashley.

I used to CL Dating a Military Man over in Love, but the group got so slow that it became tough to convince myself to devote what little spare time I had to beating a seemingly dead horse. The core of the group ending up forming a group on Facebook, and -- guess what? -- almost every single member posts every day or two. Part of me would like to come back to the iVillage fold, but I don't see myself having enough time to CL this board, especially since it's already such a small/slow community. (As for my April 2009 group, I have no idea how it's going. I fell off with that group because I was trying to keep DMM going.)

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 5:31pm

It seems in the past years that iVillage has slowed way down. Even with a slow group, I have school full time, two kids (one in school), a husband that works out of town occasionally, and everything else. I wouldn't be able to devote enough time to it. 

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 6:43pm
It's up to all of us to keep the board active and try to post interesting discussion questions that will get more members to post. I host a lot slower board on TTC your First Child and so for me this is a more active board. I love that we have lots of members who want to get to know each other! I have a hard time posting every day because I work long hours and I still have an old crappy phone, not a smart phone. We can make this board more active if we try girls!

Photobucket