Everything tastes...Off..

iVillage Member
Everything tastes...Off..
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 1:53pm

Anyone been having issues with food tasting weird?  I got a chocolate cone from Dairy Queen yesterday and it tasted bitter.  I also can't eat shrimp (tastes like dirt) and the texture of some chicken is terrible to me right now.  It's so disappointing when you crave something and bite into it, only to spit it right out.  So strange!  When my mom was pregnant with my little sister, I remember her making chili and she dumped half a bottle of chili pepper in it because she couldn't taste it. My mouth has never recovered.. HAHA..

Anyone else?

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 11:43am
Yep I have noticed that. I was craving chinese food from Wong's because they have the best chicken chow mein. Twice now it hasn't tasted the way I was craving it. So sad!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 9:31am

Yeah, I feel the same way.  I feel bad about getting something just to not even eat it :-(  The sad thing is that nothing really seems all that appealing to me these days, but I have to eat or I will be heaving. 

I really dislike brushing my teeth right now, which makes me feel redneck but the taste of the toothpaste is really yucky to me and makes me feel sick and the aftertaste hangs around for a long time and makes anything I try to eat taste repulsive.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 8:56am
It happens to me occasionally too. I went to subway one day and the lettuce tasted like cleaning chemicals or something. So the next day I go to the store and bought some lettuce for our dinner and it tasted like chemicals too.

The thing that bothers me the most though is the after taste of everything. It seems like no matter what I eat I have THE WORST after taste in my mouth until I brush my teeth.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 2:13pm

So it's not just me!  We went out for Mexican the other night & the rice (that I normally love) tasted so odd & gross to me that I had my bf try it just to see if it was me ... it was!  I've also found that the bread I normally buy (honey wheat) tastes so super sweet to me that it almost makes me gag, I can't take it.  Then the strangest of them all was when I had a banana for breakfast this morning & I found it pucker up sour, like lemon candy sour!  Wonder when this phase will end?

Lilypie Maternity tickers