Fabulous hair or nails yet?

iVillage Member
Fabulous hair or nails yet?
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 11:49pm

When I was pregnant with my son my hair grew super fast and was so full and shiny. This time around I feel like my hair is about the same but my nails are strong and long. That's new for me. I prefer my nails grow versus my hair anyways. When it all started falling out at about 5 weeks pp it was disgusting. It was so long and there was so much of it that I had to sweep every day. There were just ridiculous piles of hair everywhere. Not something I wan to deal with again. 

Also my skin was nicer last time as well. It's not horrible this time but it's not as clear as it was with my son. Another thing that makes me hope this one is a girl. :smileyhappy:

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-11-2012 - 4:08pm
My son was diagnosed with hypothyroidism from his newborn screening. It was pretty crazy. They've tested mine a few times since having him but it always comes back normal. My bff got hyperthyroidism after her first and it helped her drop her baby weight super fast. It wasn't diagnosed though and she got really sick and had to go to the hospital. That's when she was diagnosed with it.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 11:04am

I wouldn't call it fabulous, but things are definitely different. My nails seem to be in worse shape. They're splitting like crazy! And my hair? I used to have to wash every 3-4 days. Now, I have to wash every day. Actually, I could probably wash it twice a day. It's horrible! But at least my skin is all clear!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 12:38pm
My nails are doing pretty well this time around. My hair however isn't looking any better. It is really dry and I am sure that is from the hypothyroidism I didn't realize I had until a few months ago. So I am hoping between the synthroid and the pregnancy my hair will get a little better.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 12:16pm

I've got the nice nails, but my hair is in sad, sad shape. As for acne, I had to stop my acne medications when I got the BFP so I'm a little more broken out than usual. 

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 12:04pm

My hair is extremely thick right now.. My nails, I'm not so sure.  They're recovering from having to rip off my acrylic nails from a month ago, so we'll see once they recover from shock.. :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 11:06am
I haven't really noticed a difference...and never really did with my previous pregnancies either. But I had similar experience losing my hair after having the baby! Yuck,my shower would get clogged from all the hair!
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 10:30am

I've been so obsessed with the state of my face and how fat I feel I had forgotten about the nails and hair thing.  My hair seems about the same but the nails do seem to be growing faster and seem stronger. 

I feel like my acne was a lot worse with my daughter than with my son, and it wasn't just on my face, I got back-acne too :-(  I had to start washing my back and shoulders with clearasil, seriously :-(  It did clear up for the last part of the pregnancy, but those first 5 months were terrible acne-wise.  So yeah, in my opinion, worse than normal acne is definitely a girl sign!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 9:23am
My hair seems to be about the same. I haven't really noticed any changes in it yet. My nails are a lot stronger though and they are growing like crazy. I'm also having teenage-like acne. I never get acne or had it with my other pregnancies so hoping that means girl as well..
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 11:53pm
I hear u on the skin thing. I have never had acne, and wouldn't consider myself to have it now but I sure do have a lot of breakouts! All on my forehead. Thinking its because for some reason my head is the only place I sweat. I hate that! My nails r growing a little better, but haven't noticed any changes in my hair.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket