Felt movement before 12 weeks & now nothing!

iVillage Member
Felt movement before 12 weeks & now nothing!
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 10:08pm

I felt movement from the baby on 2 separate occasions before I was 12 weeks pregnant.  Now I am 15 weeks and nothing since!  This makes me nervous.  I hated the worry of the 1st trimester but it seems like the worry has just carried over.....

Collyn 9 mo siggy
iVillage Member
You ladies are totally calming my nerves. Thanks! I think I've been feeling more the last couple of days (YAY!) but I can hardly wait til the next appt August 28th.
Collyn 9 mo siggy
iVillage Member
It's easier said than done, but try to not worry. Doctors always say we can't feel the baby's movements so early, but I do believe that, especially if it's not your first pregnancy & you know what you're "looking" for, you can feel HUGE movements (like cartwheels or whatever the in utero equivalent). I also think that as the baby gets a little bigger, those huge movements stop or become a lot less frequent. I think of it as an in-between stage. He's too big to make those big swooping movements but too little for the kicks & punches to really be felt.

With my first pregnancy, my placenta was in front (can't remember the actual term for that), so I didn't feel anything at all until I was about 25 weeks along. Given that I'd already lost 2 babies, my anxiety was sky-high, so I ended up renting a doppler so I could listen to him when I was worried. It really helped. If you opt to do that, most companies will rent one for about 20.00 per month.

iVillage Member
I had the same thing happen. I've noticed that I hardly feel it at all during the day now but when I get up in the middle of the night and lay back down I always feel a small nudge. So I just assumed it was sleeping during the day... I went to the doc today and heard the heartbeat so I know it has to be kicking around in there. :smileyhappy:

Or it could be that we are active during the day and the kicks are so small that we dont really feel it like we do when we're laying down. But you're right, the worrying never ends! I'm actually looking forward to a foot in my lung so I know everything is cooking like it should!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
I've heard that the movements can be very infrequent early on, but hopefully you'll start feeling more movement soon. I'm expecting my first and still am waiting to feel any movements. FX'd that you'll feel something soon!

Photobucket

iVillage Member

I coulda posted this exact post! I felt mine also twice at 11 weeks. I have not felt anything since! I'm really hoping that since my uterus is tilted back it could be because of that and maybe the placenta is right there too. I get worried too, but then I gag, or throw up, or get really bad heartburn and I strangely feel a bit better. I hope that your next appt is as calming as mine should be. 

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby