Glucose testing

iVillage Member
Glucose testing
Tue, 11-20-2012 - 2:09pm

Has anyone done their glucose testing yet?  I'm having mine done next week and hoping that everything is going to go well.  I just can't wait to get it over and done with and hopefully know that it was negative!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-30-2012 - 2:15pm
Yay I'm so excited that I passed my test and can look forward to lots of Christmas cookies!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-28-2012 - 10:28am

I had mine done just under two weeks ago.  There is a high false positive rate so I was afraid I would somehow fall into that category and have to do the 3 hour test, but everything turned out fine.  The orange drink was not nearly as bad as some people have made it out to be.

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-27-2012 - 12:54pm
I had mines done last week. They made me drink a real sugary orange soda and timed me (luckily it was very cold). Then I had to wait about an hour and they took my blood. I got the results the next day and it was negative.
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 8:51am
Mine is today.. booooooo! I'm nervous about it this time because with my past pregnancies I was always told to fast beforehand and had a morning appointment. Now this doctor said I can eat normally up until an hour before the appointment and, seeing that my appointment is at 2pm, that's what I'm going to have to do since I can fast for that long without being sick. I'm praying that I pass. And of course, I reeeeally need to go to the grocery so the only breakfast thing I have to eat is a bagel or cereal... looks like it'll be a bagel. :/
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-23-2012 - 12:26pm

Sorry, I've been meaning to respond but it's taken me two days to be able to log in :P.... 

I was supposed to do the GD test on Monday, but I ate too early. Whoops!  Luckily my midwife was really sweet about it and now that I'm starting to go to appts every 2 weeks, we just rescheduled it for next week sometime.  I was super nervous about it though. She said that I didn't have any sugar showing up in my urine though, so that's a good indicator that I'm fine.

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-22-2012 - 10:10pm

I had mine done a couple of weeks ago and it isn't terrible.  They make you drink a bottle of sugar (a drink that tastes like flat pop) then wait an hour then test your blood sugar.  I got my results the next day.  This time it was normal ... with Collyn I failed.  When you fail you do a 3 hour glucose test and with Collyn I passed the 3 hour thank goodness.  GOOD LUCK :)

Collyn 9 mo siggy
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-20-2012 - 2:45pm

Wow this new board change is horrible, I finally got logged in with a VERY OLD ID!! Hope they straighten this out soon!

Anyway, Yes I just did my glucose test on Friday and I assume I will get the results at my next doctor's appointment on Nov 30th.

P.S. It's Alicia (momagain2012 - which apparently no longer exists)

Fall Siggy

<