Hellllooo, anybody out there? :)

iVillage Member
Hellllooo, anybody out there? :)
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 11:33am

Well, things have been super quiet since the iVillage switch-over, so I just wanted to check in with everyone and see how we're all doing.  Anything new to report? How are the baby bellies doing?

I'm starting to reallllly feel pregnant.  My stomach is getting huge and LO is really moving around in there lately. She seems to sleep through the morning and early afternoon, but watch out when dinner time rolls around.  She starts dancing and using my bladder/cervix as a trampoline.  Last night she kept me up all hours of the night flopping around. I guess she's a night-owl like her mama. 

I've found two amazing second-hand children stores in town and I've been spending entirely too much money at them.  I found a pair of brand new Umi shoes that are purple and silver for $6 and found out later that they would run about $56+ if I had bought them new.  You should have seen my crazy happy dance after finding THAT out... hehe.. I've also found a ton of Old Navy/Baby Gap clothes that look like they've only been worn once or twice, all for $2-$4 each. Between these awesome bargains and gettting a TON of super nice hand-me-downs from my sister, this baby is going to be one well-dressed little Miss, and I'm not going to have to spend a fortune. This makes me happy :).

Any of you on the east coast getting ready for that insane hurricane headed your way? I really hope it doesn't ruin Halloween for everyone :(.. We got 4-5 inches of snow the other night and it's been snowing off and on the last couple days.  We're really hoping it clears up for trick-or-treating next week.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 12:17pm

Hi Amber,

Yeah, the iVillage changes are just still annoying.  I just re-did my bookmark for the board (I have been out of town) and I was trying to reply to a post earlier, and for some reason the site made me log-in multiple times GRRRR.

It is so fun shopping for little girls clothes!!  Since I have one of each already, and both of them were winter babies as well, I am not really buying anything this time.  I bought two little gender neutral sleepers at a re-sell it sale but that is all.  I will probably buy a gender neutral outfit for going home in though.  No rush.

I can't believe you have snow already!  We had a cold front come in here, but it is 41 right now so not too bad.  Freeze warning tonight - I'll need to move some plants in.  I feel bad for all the kiddos on the east coast, sounds like trick-or-treating is likely not to happen :-(  My kids, particularly DS, LOVE Halloween - I mean really really get excited and LOVe it and I can't imagine not being able to take them out.

I've been feeling really pregnant for a while - I guess because this is my third.  I feel like I went from an extra lengthy 1st trimester straight to the 3rd trimester honestly.  Sometimes I just feel so much pressure in my abdomen, like there is more in there than what the skin can accomodate or something.  I feel uncomfortable a lot these days :-(  and I read these pregnancy day by day calendars that keep talking about how I am in the "wonderful 2nd trimester" and how I am "still feeling comfortable and able to do everything" and all that crap and I just think, "UH, think again DUDE."

Heidi

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 10:30pm

Still here too ... I've just had a really hard time staying logged in to post & I get annoyed & give up.  :(

I've started feeling super pregnant lately too.  My SO has commented more than once about how my belly has really started to poke out there, and I've noticed that when I try to run or exercise that it's really uncomfortable on my bladder and the bottom of my tummy.  The achy back has started too, which sucks, but at least I'm still pretty much heartburn free.  Luckily I've not really had any problems with sleep at night though (knock on wood).

As far as baby stuff ... I already have a ton of clothes for her & I'm sure that it's just the beginning.  I started shopping right when we found out the gender & I haven't stopped yet.  We still need to get her room ready & order her nursery set, but I have it all picked out so that much is done.

I'm in VA and they've already declared a state of emergency here for the hurricane, and it's still a couple of days away from us!  Ridiculous if you ask me.  I guess because I lived in Charleston SC for 10 years, right on the coast, that I don't get too worked up about tropical storms now that I'm a good 2+ hours inland and not really in an area that gets direct hits.  My SO did send me to the store today to get stocked up on groceries because people around here will freak out & buy every store out of things like bread, milk & water and you're screwed if you don't fill up your fridge before the panic sets in.  At least they think that it will have cleared out by Wed so Halloween should be ok so long as we don't get major power outages around here.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 10:51am

I didn't know you lived in Charleston for a period.  I was born and grew up down there - we lived in Charleston until I was 6 and then we moved to Summerville, about 20 miles west of Charleston and I graduated from SHS.  We stayed in our house when Hugo came through - that is something I won't ever forget! 

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 11:36am

I ended up moving out to Goose Creek actually - real estate prices were MUCH more reasonable inland!  I loved it there but I won't lie, the summer humidity killed me, although it's not much better here in Richmond it's nice to be closer to home.  I still head back to the Charleston area to visit friends several times a year though so I can get my fix.  :)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 2:23pm
I've been trying to post but have just had a few busy weeks. I'm hoping that the boards will get more back to normal soon. My other boards that I am CL to have been even MORE quiet than this one! It's frustrating but I'm hoping that everyone starts coming back out and posting again. I'm finally starting to look pregnant and enjoying that people actually know I'm pregnant now. It's about time since I didn't really feel like I was looking pregnant until 23 weeks! I'm happy to make it to that 24 week mark today and my doctor's appointment went really well this morning and baby was very active. I'm starting to get more hip discomfort around the time I wake up every morning. I almost want to get up in the morning so that I'm not so uncomfortable laying on one hip or the other. I'm hoping to get started on the nursery soon and more serious about picking out names. DH's job that he's working right now sounds like it's starting to wind down so hopefully he'll be able to make some decisions! I am in the middle of the country so no worries about the hurricane. I hope no one on here has any problems with the storm.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 10:10am

I too have been frustrated by having to login multiple times before being able to post - so that's my reason for being absent.  Things are going pretty well.  I'm a little over 24 weeks along with a noticeable bump - there's no hiding it now!  I had to take out my navel ring for the first time in 10 years since it was begining to get irritated.  I have an extreme "innie" belly button that is working it's way out - kind of funny.  I have occasional heatburn still and acid reflux any time I don't eat a small portion, but it's manageable.  I've had more energy though and am working out more and even lifting some weights (light, of course) again, which is good!

I'm in Maine and the hurricane left us without power for half a day, but it's already been restored.  Just windy where I was with some rain - nothing too bad.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 6:51pm

Hey peeps. I'm still here. I haven't been on much either since the changes so I've been trying to get myself together. I've been in a funk lately. I hope everyone is doing well! I go tomorrow for an ultrasound to check the baby's anemia and my placenta. It's been raining none stop for 2 days because of the hurricane and it's supposed to rain tomorrow too. We even got a light dusting of snow which is really weird for this time of year. I can't wait until the boards are somewhat normal again, I miss you girls!

Photobucket