How are things with your Newborn?

iVillage Member
How are things with your Newborn?
Mon, 03-18-2013 - 2:04pm

How are things going at home with your newborn.  Everyone is hopefully settled in with their newborn and hopefully enjoying their time healing and bonding with their baby.  Just wondering how everyone is doing. We're getting into the swing of things at home. DH left a week ago for work and so it's been just Madelyn and me for the past week. She is 3 weeks old as of last Saturday and so far is a very good baby.  She's sleeping well in chunks of time at night and then I am able to feed her and put her back into her crib to sleep. She so far hasn't been to fussy and I keep waiting for that to change, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't.  She's finally starting to be more awake at times and has been taking more to tummy time and I've tried to do more play time as well, even though she's really not going to do much playing at this stage of the game.  Breast feeding has been challenging but I think she's starting to get the hang of it more, which helps me to get the hang of things better as well. She's eating a little faster and feedings aren't taking an hour like they were in the beginning. 

I hope everyone is doing well. Check in and give us an update on how things are going with your newborn!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-22-2013 - 8:36pm

Well, I have the opposite problem.. I have a very fussy baby and boy does she have a temper that is brought out by clothing and diaper changes. Girlfriend does not like being naked, haha. I've had some issues with my milk supply so the first few weeks have been tough. She wanted to nurse 24/7 and would cry constantly like she was starving. Between week 2 and 3 she didn't gain any weight, so I started to panic and get stressed. As of her appt yesterday, she's up to 10 lbs!! So exited that she's starting to gain weight and my supply is improving. I'm hoping her fussiness gets a little better as she gets older. Other than that, everything is going well. I feel super proud of myself when I can manage getting a shower and the house cleaned all in one day. I haven't mastered cooking yet though. Baby steps :).. I'm struggling with the idea of going back to work. I can't even imagine leaving her with someone for that long... Breaks my heart. 

Hope everyone is well!