How Celebrities Delivered

iVillage Member
How Celebrities Delivered
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 9:01am

I always wonder how celebrities deliver, how about you? iVillage put together a slidshow detailing how several celebrities gave birth. Any of them surprise you? Check them out!

VBAC, C-Section, The Old-Fashioned Way: How Did Celebs Like Beyonce and Jessica Simpson Deliver?- http://www.ivillage.com/celebrity-baby-delivery-methods/6-b-364697

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 1:17pm
I can never understand why someone would think to say you're less of a woman to have had a C/S. Everyone goes through their own challenges and for some women a c/s is way worse than a vaginal birth would have been. A c/s doesn't mean it's an automatic walk in the park! You're not less of a woman and don't let anyone make you feel that way!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 12:03pm
I agree. I really can't stand when women act that way. Especially because c-sections are MAJOR surgery, it definitely doesnt make us any less of a woman!

When my MIL found out I was having a VBAC for my 2nd pregnancy she said "why, just have a c-section, you can't do it vaginally anyway or you would have done it the first time." And she always feels the need to tell me SHE pushed out an 8lb 15oz baby. Like seriously, no one cares. Since I'm going for a VBA2C this time, we decided to not even tell her and we are waiting to call her until AFTER the birth.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-18-2012 - 11:43am

I think the one that bothered me most was Kate Winslet. I just rolled my eyes at Gisele's comment and thought "Yeah, right." But Winslet's whole thing about being traumatized by the c-section and not feeling like she'd really given birth to her child REALLY gets under my skin. I hate it when people act like moms who deliver via c-section are lesser than moms who don't (same goes for pain medication vs. none and, later, breast feeding vs. formula). I'm equally annoyed by people who think they can plan every part of labor and delivery and get all upset when it doesn't go according to plan and call themselves "failures."

My water broke 6 weeks early with my son. He was breech, and I ended up with a c-section. It wasn't even an option. (And it looks like a lot of the c-sections in the article were under similar circumstances. Something went wrong, the doctor said "c-section," and that was that.) I can't tell you how many times people have tried to make me feel like less of a woman because I didn't feel even one contraction. (I wonder what some of those people would say about adoptive mothers, but that's a whole different thing.) But guess what? I'm no less of a mom for it. I'm no less of a woman for it. And the experience didn't negate the time I carried him inside me or anything I've done since. And my next (and last) birth will be a scheduled c-section. It's not an option. (Not everyone can do a VBAC, and even if I could, I'm not sure I'd want to.) And I will still not be any less of a mom or a woman.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 3:17pm
Yeah, that did get under my skin a little bit! I think she is exaggerating. Even when you're 3cm a contraction still hurts. There's no way her labor and delivery was drug free AND pain free.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 8:35pm

Am I the only one that finds it obnoxious that Gisele bragged that giving birth didn't hurt???  I'm sorry ... it DOES hurt!  Even with an epidural it's no fun.  How can she be so perfect as to have had a pain free/drug free birth? 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 5:48pm
I didnt realize how many celebrities chose to have c-sections. I figured they would be more worried about their figure and bouncing back quickly because of their careers but I guess I was wrong!
Photobucket