How did you tell your family?

iVillage Member
How did you tell your family?
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 9:59am

I'd love to hear stories about how your told your families about this pregnancy!  I am finally past the 12 week hump so we told our in-laws.  We bought them a frame with the pictures from my siggy.  They were thrilled!   Tonight we'll tell my Mom, Grandma & sister.  My DH built my Grandma a computer so we're taking it to her - we'll make the background picture one of the pictures from my siggy.  So fun telling the great news!

Oh and my son is 4 and I kept telling him we had a big surprise to tell him.  Well after our 12 week ultrasound we took him out to dinner & told him the surprise.  He FLIPPED out crying saying "but I wanted a toy!!!!!"  LMAO I should have known he'd expect a toy when I told him we had a surprise.  Anyways he's thrilled now & won't stop talking about the babe!

Collyn 9 mo siggy
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 11:46am
I bought my 2 year old a Big Brother shirt and just had him wear it until they noticed. LOL We have announced on Facebook already but I still plan on having him wear the Big Brother shirt to the family reunion on Sunday.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 9:49am

This poor kid, we didn't do anything elaborate at all.  We just called people and told them.  We actually just got back from visiting my parents and I called them before we got to their house to tell them because I was worried my mom would be upset and I didn't want her to say anything that would suggest she was unhappy in front of DH and the kids.  She was okay, not real excited, but okay though.  I know she thinks that we should've stopped with two but here we are.  DH's mom seems excited though.  But I already feel guilty about this LO because there is just no fanfare and very little excitement for him or her.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 2:47pm

Does "feel like it" = it being a girl? :smileywink:

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 12:59pm
We never plan anything when we tell our family either. Once we tell our parents that pretty much takes care of telling the families because they call everyone they know. But we plan on having a gender reveal party. That is if I feel like it by that time.. LOL
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 11:30am

My 3 year old keeps saying "Mommy has a baby in her tummy" but no reaction other than that. I don't speak to my mother, so I just called my step-dad and told him. He was more surprised by the due date than the fact that I'm pregnant again. My due date is my DD's 2nd birthday. As for the in-laws, I wispered to our neice that she was getting a new cousin and she yelled it out to them. Nothing special as what you are doing, but we plan to go all out on telling the sex.

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby