I'm convinced I have the best extended family ever..

iVillage Member
I'm convinced I have the best extended family ever..
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 12:10pm

So, this week my husband's dad and step-mom have been visiting us from California.  I was pretty nervous at first because this is the first time since we've been married that we've had his family come and stay with us, but it's been going relatively well.  On Saturday DH had to work, so I was wondering how I was going to entertain his parents when they said that they were taking me to Target to pick out something for the baby that I needed.  I told them that we were looking into carseats, so they decided that they wanted to help us out by buying one for us. So sweet!  His dad got all excited when he found the travel system carseat/stroller combos, so I ended up getting this sweet little number.. 

http://www.target.com/p/chicco-cortina-se-travel-system-perseo/-/A-13802257

I offered to pay half since it was so expensive, but they were adamant that they get it for us since they weren't sure they would be able to make it up for the birth.  I'm thrilled with it.  It's a perfect neutral color and it's so easy to maneuver around tight corners. Then, last night my cousin stopped by with a brand new bassinet that her sister used for one week and decided she didn't want anymore! I also got a brand-new crib from my sister that her daughter refused to sleep in as a baby.  This is helping us out SO much since we're paying out of pocket for our medical expenses. I'm feeling very grateful for my awesome family :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member

That is great that they are stepping up with stuff!  I would love it if someone got us a travel system - we got rid of the old car seat and stroller that went with it about a year ago and that is one of the things we need to go out and purchase.

Photobucket

iVillage Member

That's so wonderful!!  Isn't great to have loving & supportive people in your family?  :smileyhappy:

As for the travel system ... I think you'll love it!  I got a similar one with my son & I still use the stroller.  It is a bit bulky, especially compared to an umbrella stroller, but for those months that he was still in the carrier, it was so nice to just unclip it & flop it on top of the stroller, rather than move him from one seat to another.  Besides, he loved riding where he could look up & see me.  When this little one comes I plan to use it with her too.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member

That's Awesome Amber! Sounds like you do have a great extended family :smileyhappy:

Alicia Mom to Logan - Jan 9, 2005 and Colby - Oct 15, 2008
iVillage Member
I love gray!! I had gray with my first and second travel systems and I loved it. You do have an awesome family! Sounds like everything is coming together for you nicely!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
That's so great, Amber!

My mom bought us the same travel system (different color, though) when she was down here a couple of weeks ago. I didn't necessarily want the stroller, but the car seat only came in the color I wanted with the stroller, and my mom insisted that I'd need the stroller until the little one could sit up in a more compact one.