Just Gotta Vent...

iVillage Member
Just Gotta Vent...
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 3:00pm
... to some other prego ladies. This is my first pregnancy, almost at 14 weeks, feeling better than weeks 6-11, but man, I'll be so happy when I can actually look forward to eating again! Almost all food causes uncomfortable bloating and/or reflux and I dread eating! Of course I do eat because I have to, and because I'm hungry, but I can't enjoy anything because of these symptoms. Last night I had a tasty filet at a nice resturant and had to struggle through every bite. So sad!! Things could be worse, but I just needed to whine a bit to people that might understand :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 10:56pm
I'm so sorry that you still feel so crappy. Hopefully it gets better very soon!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 11:15am

Oh man, I completely understand.  I feel like I can't eat more than two bites at a time without severe consequences later.  I'll be SO hungry and order a nice dinner somewhere, only to put my fork down after a few bites.  If I have anything remotely heavy like mexican food or a thick soup, I'm miserable the rest of the day.  I miss food :smileysad:.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 10:57am

I'm 14w4days but still dealing with MS.  I have thrown up almost every day this week, and even if I am not throwing up, I feel pretty close to it.  If I don't eat every 2-3 hours, it makes the nausea worse so I just eat to keep the nausea at bay, which sucks because I'm not so much enjoying what I am eating, just using it as a preventative measure. 

I hate to tell you this but the reflux will probably get worse :-(  My reflux was the worst in the 3rd trimester.  I couldn't eat anything a few hours before bed, and I had my husband prop the head of the bed up on blocks so that I slept at an angle to reduce it at night. 

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 11:35am

Oh! I forgot to mention, my midwife suggested that I chew on some papaya enzymes after heavy meals and they really seem to work. I picked up a bottle at the health food store and they actually taste pretty yummy.  I've been taking them after dinner because that seems to be when I have the most problem.. They help me get to sleep without feeling miserable.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 8:46am

samartin - That totally stinks.  I haven't heard about the spitting thing though - I'll have to google that because it sounds particularly awful.  Have you been able to identify anything that doesn't make you feel terrible or things that definitely make you feel terrible?  I started keeping what I call a "Food and Consequences" diary after my first entry here to see if I could find anything, anything that didn't cause awful reflux or bloating and amazingly, there are a few things (oatmeal, beefaroni (i know, right?), ritz and peanut butter) and things that were violent contributers (chocolate and sweets (probably for the best), spicy foods).  Of course, one cannot live by these things alone and some things are just so good that I have to brace myself for the consequences.  I'd reccomend doing that because you might be really surprised.  Even identifying one or two things that fill you up without leaving you feeling like complete a$$ is super helpful.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 8:47am

Papaya enzymes?  Interesting.  I'll have to look into that.  Thanks for sharing!