Just thinking about gender....

iVillage Member
Just thinking about gender....
Tue, 07-24-2012 - 12:27pm

So, when I first got pregnant my first thought was that it was probably a boy because of the timing (conceived right on the day I ovulated)... Now, I'm starting to get some feelings that this is a girl.  We have 8 nieces between the two of us and only one nephew, so I just figured that we'd have a boy to help even things out a bit :smileyhappy:..  People keep asking me if I care one way or another (I don't) but I have to say, the thought of raising a little boy scares me a little bit. I've been surrounded by nothing but baby girls for so long that little boys seem like a novelty.. haha..  I thought by this time in my pregnancy I would have a strong feeling one way or another regarding gender, but I honestly have NO idea.  I have the pregnancy app What to Expect on my iPhone and some of the women in my Feb forum are already finding out the gender.. I'm so jealous! 

Does anyone have a strong feeling one way or another? 

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 5:50pm
Thanks!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 11:28am
Oh my gosh!!!! That's so exciting! Congratulations!!
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-28-2012 - 10:03am

I have a STRONG feeling this is a girl.  And I hope it isn't just because we want one :smileyhappy:  With my son I literally had ONE day of morning sickness.  This time I was sick for 8 weeks and I am still ridiculously tired.  I just feel completely different this time but hey they say each pregnancy is different.  We won't find out til February so we'll see if I'm right then :smileyhappy:

Collyn 9 mo siggy
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 9:48pm

BTW ... My "feeling" was right ... it's a GIRL!!  I got the results of my CVS testing back yesterday & was so excited to find out that first of all, my baby has no genetic abnormalities & that it's a little "she" growing in there!!!

Just thought I'd share!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 5:45pm
I just have a feeling it's a boy, even though I really want a girl. I'm not sure why I feel that way, it's just a gut feeling I'm getting.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 12:46am
You can't find out the sex until 18-20 weeks no matter where you are. They can make a guess by the angle of the nubbin dangle but it is only a guess until they are more developed. However it is nice to see baby on ultrasound earlier just to know they are ok in there.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-27-2012 - 12:44am
I feel girl this time. I felt boy pretty strongly with the other two. So hopefully I am right again this time too.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 11:55am
I wish I had a feeling one way or another. With #2 I just knew it was a girl because I already had a boy. Nope, wrong. This time I "think" it may be a girl because of our timing and the HR being higher than my last 2 pregnancies. But I use the term "think" very lightly because it could just be my mind playing tricks on me, like last time.

When I found out I was having a boy I had so many mixed feelings. It took me a couple weeks to get used to the idea but now that I have boys I wouldn't change it for anything. They are so loving. You always hear the quotes about how a boy's first love is his mom and it is so true!
Photobucket