Mid December Roll Call

iVillage Member
Mid December Roll Call
Thu, 12-13-2012 - 11:25am

Sorry I've been a little MIA lately.  I have been busy trying to get the baby's room all ready to go and trying to get all the Christmas stuff done as well.  The time is sure going fast, but I'm just feeling left behind on getting things done!  Hope everyone is still doing ok.  Let's check in and see how everyone is doing.

Name/ Location?

Team pink/blue/green?

Any weird symptoms lately and how have you been feeling?

What's on your Christmas wish list?

What things do you still have left to get ready for Feb?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-13-2012 - 11:30am

Name/ Location? Dina/ Iowa

Team pink/blue/green?  Team Pink

Any weird symptoms lately and how have you been feeling?  Feeling good but I had some leg cramping a few nights ago. At my appointment yesterday my doctor had me really drink lots of fluids and load up on potassium rich foods and last night I had no problems.  I'm hoping I can keep them away because it hurt so bad waking up to that!

What's on your Christmas wish list? I really wanted a new set of knives and we ended up picking them up since they were on sale for the holidays.  It's not a surprise, but my knives were so old and dull that they wouldn't cut through anything anymore.

What things do you still have left to get ready for Feb?  I have a couple of touch up painting things to do and I'm hopefully ordering the furniture this week for the nursery.  I'm not as worried about picking the rest of the stuff up until after my shower on Jan 5th.  I'm also going to swing by a new store in town that just opened and is selling cloth diapers!  I'm very excited to see what they have and get some advice on what to buy.  I've ordered some, but that's also on my to do list to order a bunch more, especially smaller newborn friendly ones.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-13-2012 - 12:05pm
Name/ Location? Amy Minnesota Team pink/blue/green? Pink Any weird symptoms lately and how have you been feeling? Just lots of heartburn and not a lot of sleep. What's on your Christmas wish list? I asked for a prenatal massage and DH said I could get one as my Christmas present! What things do you still have left to get ready for Feb? Not much really. I have a blanket I want to work on but it won't take me long. I have some clothes to go through that my cousin brought over. I have one more pump part coming in the mail and that is all ready to go. So ya I have nothing to do to keep my busy. LOL
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-13-2012 - 12:51pm

Hi guys!  Let's see if I'm actually able to post this time!

Name/ Location?  Terri / Virginia

Team pink/blue/green?   PINK!

Any weird symptoms lately and how have you been feeling?    Around Thanksgiving I woke up with a pain in my stomach & over the next couple of days it just got worse - like a pulled/torn muscle.  My doc said it was normal, but for close to a week I slept in the recliner & could barely move.  Miserable!!  I'm back to normal now and besides being tired ALL the time I can't say anything is out of the ordinary.

What's on your Christmas wish list?    I want new workout clothes.  I've managed to keep working out with no interruptions so far & I want some new gear to keep the motivation factor up for after I've had baby girl.  I've asked my SO for a nice gift card to Lululemon.  :)

What things do you still have left to get ready for Feb?    A LOT has to be done!  We haven't finished cleaning out the office/junk room yet - and that's going to be her nursery.  Once the clean out is completed then I need to paint, decorate & order her furniture.  We're going to be cutting it close on this one, but for some reason I can't bring myself to get in much of a hurry or stress over any of it.  I guess I know it will come together in the end & there's no use worrying myself over it all.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-13-2012 - 2:41pm

Name/ Location? Kristy/Maine

Team pink/blue/green? BLUE!

Any weird symptoms lately and how have you been feeling? Generally I feel good and have lots of energy.  Only occasional mild heartburn - nothing like what I had in first trimester!  My middle back is sore by the end of an office day and I have some sciatic "twinges" after I'm very active, but it's all manageable so far.

What's on your Christmas wish list?  A new Garmin - mine takes half my trip just to find satelites!  A nice fully upholstered rocker/glider for the living room - something that fits in anyway and won't look like it's there just because of Baby :)

What things do you still have left to get ready for Feb? The room slated to be the nursery is currently devoted to christmas present wrapping so after the holidays we have some work to do there getting it cleaned and organized.  I'm hopping that will help January go by faster!  I have a shower in early January and after that I'll probably still have to do a bit more shopping.  I had a dream last night that my baby was born HUGE and didn't fit into anything we bought him - haha!

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 12:08pm

Name/ Location? Amber/ Montana

Team pink/blue/green? Pink!

Any weird symptoms lately and how have you been feeling? Horrendous sciatic pain that I'm managing with the help of a fantastic massage therapist. Weird anxiety issues?  

What's on your Christmas wish list? A sewing machine, although I don't think that's what I got. I would also love a pair of Frye boots, but I doubt that's happening either, haha.

What things do you still have left to get ready for Feb? Lots and lots. My shower is January 19th, so I have a feeling I'm going to be scrambling to get final stuff in the last few weeks. My nursery is currently a collect-all for boxes and random  homeless furniture. Hopefully we'll get everything done after Christmas

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-20-2012 - 5:33am
Name/ Location? Michelle/ Massachusetts Team pink/blue/green? Blue Any weird symptoms lately and how have you been feeling? I have been getting a lot of Braxton hicks and I'm SOOOOO tired! What's on your Christmas wish list? I guess just gift cards so I can pick up some new clothes after the baby is born. What things do you still have left to get ready for Feb? Not too much. After the Christmas decorations come down I want to set up a few things around the house like the pack n play and swing etc.
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-27-2012 - 3:28pm
Name/ Location? Ree/DC Team pink/blue/green? Pink Any weird symptoms lately and how have you been feeling? Still have the spits. The Dr. said I can take something for it but I'd rather not. I have toughed it out for this long. Otherwise, I am doing good. Moving slower but the baby is definitely active (moving and stretching). What's on your Christmas wish list? It was a prenatal massage. I got a coupon for a 90 minute massage that I can use. What things do you still have left to get ready for Feb? A lot. I am getting the baby room painted before New Years. We have a crib so I will see what we get at our first baby shower coming up. I'd rather get our own bottles and car seats but hopefully we will get some day to day items and clothes. I think that is what is needed the most.