My life is more planned than a school year!

iVillage Member
My life is more planned than a school year!
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 10:52am

So today is my son's 4th birthday..YAY! Oh, and today is also my daughters half-birthday..YAY! Oh, and finally, today is 6 months until my due date..YAY! So happy Birthday, Half-Birthday, and almost birthday to all of my babies! 

After my son was born 8/15, when my daughter came along and we had to schedule her c/s, I also went with the 15th, as for new baby, total accident. 

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 11:05am
Yay for all the birthdays and half birthdays! Do you have your c/s scheduled for this baby or are you trying a VBAC?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 11:47am

While I would LOEV to try for a VBAC, my doc says no way! Both of my kids were (are) quite small..my son was 5 pounds 15 ounces and he just couldn't get out on his own. I was given a 20% chance of having my daughter naturally..I went with the c/s. As for this baby, I think I might be too afraid that it would be born on my daughters birthday. I cried when I found out my due date. The earliest I am allowed to have my c/s is 39 weeks exactly so that's when I'm doing it. I want this baby's birthday as far away from Gracie's birthday as possible. So 2/8 it is! 

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 11:48am
Sigh...LOVE! not LOEV..
Photobucket
pregnancy
baby
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 12:46pm
Isn't that funny how things work out? 15 must be your lucky number! At least it's easy for you to remember.. :smileywink:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 12:53pm

Mandi, you have no idea how easy..my neice was born on the 15th also. So for the first three grandchildren, my in-laws have only had to remember one number. Sorry, I refuse to have baby #3 have the same birthday as #2. :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 5:24pm
I would feel the same way. Plus, as they get older I'm sure they will each want their own separate day to feel special. :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 10:28am

Well happy birthday and half birthdays to all the kiddos!

This LO will also probably be born on 2/8, at least if the doctor allows it!  I am due 2/18, so a week earlier would be 2/11 but that is a Monday and I was hoping to deliver on a Thursday or Friday to decrease the amount of time DH has to take off from work.  And I want to stay away from Valentine's day so we will see.

I am thinking about asking about trying a VBAC because I think new research has shown that a VBAC after 2 c/s is no more risky than a VBAC after 1 c/s but I am pretty sure the doctor will say no.  My son was born with a birth defect, craniosynostosis and I am pretty sure that played a huge part in why I couldn't deliver naturally.  With cranio, his soft spot had already fused together into solid skull so his head couldn't mold to come out right.  Then with my daughter, I had excess amniotic fluid so i don't think she ever had to get in the right position and put pressure on the cervix and with the extra fluid, they ruled out a VBAC anyway so who knows.  Oh well - healthy babies are all that matter right?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 11:52am

That's absolutely right. Unfortunately, there are not many doctors who will go for a VBA2C. If you really wanted to go for it, I would suggest finding a midwife. Good luck!

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 4:05pm
I agree, Ashley. It took me forever to find a doc willing to do a vba2c but I found one and he is completely AWESOME. I couldn't ask for a better doc.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 1:21pm
I would never want the same birthday for my children either! I have two friends who have Valentine's day babies. The one was a scheduled c/s and she was pissed that her daughter had to have her birthday on a holiday. I would love my child to have a day that is just theirs and not have to share it with another child of mine or have it be on a holiday. It's nice to have your own birthday. I share a birthday with my cousin, he was exactly one year younger, but it's just my cousin so it's not a big deal!

Photobucket