Names

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Names
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 7:15am

Does anyone have their names picked out or narrowed down yet? are you matching their names to their siblings names ( like starting with the same letter, or having the same amount of letters)?

what names do you have picked out or are thinking about?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Mon, 10-01-2012 - 4:23pm
We finally agreed on a name for our little girl...very excited, as my DH is extremely picky! I gave up on discussing names with him a few weeks ago and just ended up making a list of like 40 names I liked or could live with. We sat down this weekend and I just had him go through the list and put a Y or an N next to each one. Out of all the names on my list, he put a Y next to only two of them... and one of them is my absolute favorite, so YAY!

So... Ashlyn Kate will join her big brother Landon Kenneth and Nathan Alexander. Everyone in our family has only two syllable first names and all the kids and their Daddy's names end with "n", and we wanted to stick with that naming convention for this little one, as well. The other name he liked was Morgan, which I liked, too, but Ashlyn is super pretty to me. :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 3:08pm
Not 100% sure, but pretty sure our little girls name will be Kenzley Nichole.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 11:14am

My hubby and I had/are having a tough time with names too.  This is my first pregnancy and I started a list of names I liked probably the day I found out I was pregnant - haha!  A month or so ago I had my hubby look through the list and he was SO PICKY!  Of the 20 names I had for each sex he only liked 1 or 2 and could come up with no better options.  I was so mad!  I quickly realized that I was way more open to names than he was, so I turned the tables and made him come up with a list of 10 names for each gender.  He did and through a combination of our lists, right now we really like Paxton Arthur for a boy (Pax latin for "peace" and Arthur for my grandpa) and Chloe Luce for a girl (Chloe is just pretty, and Luce for both of our grandmas).  We'll see how this changes moving forward!

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Sat, 09-22-2012 - 2:08pm
If this baby is a girl her name will be Adelia Lynn.

If this baby is a boy his name will be Ryker Stephen. The spelling of Ryker is to match my other two sons Bryan and Wyatt. I have a thing for using Y in boy names I guess! LOL
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: mandi_poo
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 3:58pm
We picked our names during the second month LOL. It was pretty easy for us, thankfully. We've had our girl name since the beginning of time, Mya Gabrielle. Although, DH no longer likes Gabrielle so we changed it to Jade. For a boy, Avery Charles, after my grandpa. :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: mandi_poo
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 3:21pm
Amber, I really like Atticus!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: duchessdina
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 12:26pm
Mel, my DH also has the really thick really dark hair. He is actually pretty pale, he started more olive-toned when he was really little and grew lighter. His brother was actually the opposite and was lighter complected and as he grew became more olive-toned. I'm very much expecting kids with thick curly hair, but who knows. My hair is very fine and straight with just a little wave if I let it air dry.

I love Brinlee! That's really cute. I really hope everyone that is hoping for a girl isn't too disappointed if it's a boy. I think there are quite a few of us hoping for team pink! I would love a girl....but it's our first so I'd still be really happy if it was a boy. We tried for so so long to get pg that I'd feel like a horrible person if I was really upset over the gender when all we wanted was to get pg. FX'd for lots of team pink!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: purpledaisy102
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 5:47pm
I'm praying for a girl because we have her name all picked out. A boy will cause great chaos though. My SO also wouldn't talk names so one night I told him I'm going to name him Dobby and be done with it. He talked after that because he knows I'm a serious Harry Potter fan and would actually do it. We have a couple boy names we both kind of like now but nothing set in stone.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: writergirlmel
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 5:21pm

If he grows his facial hair and gets a slight tan, he blends in very well among most Arab populations. Otherwise, NO ONE really guesses the Lebanese influence in him. His skin is olive-toned, but it's really light, so it's really only noticeable when he tans (which happens very easily). It's most obvious in his hair: very thick, very dark, and a lot of it. (I'm attaching a picture rather than trying to describe how the rest combines.)

The combination is really most interesting in my mother-in-law. She has very Lebanese facial features, but her coloring seems to be mostly Irish, and she has just enough Irish in her features to make people sort of look and wonder what combination it's a result of. 

Toby ended up with a blend of everyone. I'm Irish-English, and he got my mostly Irish features, but his skin tone is a blend between the fair Irish & Luxumborgean (finally spelled it right!) but without the Luxumborgean ruddiness that is very obvious in my father-in-law, and he doesn't really sunburn. I guess there's just enough Lebanese in there to make him tan very easily like his Daddy and ward of the sunburns that plague his Mommy if I forget the SPF five-zillion for even 20 minutes. Then he ended up with Daddy's hair and Mommy's blue eyes. 

36987440106_2.jpg

iVillage Member
In reply to: duchessdina
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 4:50pm
I only know that I'm part German so I think it's nice that he knows his heritage. I'm curious what your DH looks like with that mix .

Photobucket

Pages