Nesting..

iVillage Member
Nesting..
Tue, 12-04-2012 - 2:10pm

It has begun.. I've started a ruthless deep cleaning of my house and there's no end in sight. I have DH painting furniture and finishing home improvement projects.. He has a little station set up in the basement, poor man :).  I'm starting to go through all of our paperwork and organizing everything better than before so we have a better system for managing everything when I'm off work.  My kitchen cabinets WILL be cleaned out and organized by February, I swear it.. Hehe..  I had no idea how strong the nesting urge would be, but I'm rolling with it. I think DH is a little frightened of me right now, but I'm determined to get it all done before the baby gets here.. Especially before my MIL arrives for her one month stay in our sad, incomplete guestroom (we have a mattress and a box spring on the floor.. .Poor woman)..

Has anyone else been hit with the nesting bug?

iVillage Member
In reply to: abereth
Wed, 12-05-2012 - 2:12pm

Before everything went downhill, I was nesting big time. I tackled the kitchen first because it was the biggest project. I want to try and rearrange our bedroom before the baby gets here to have more room for the bassinet and stuff but I highly doubt it will happen. I may have to recruit my dad and brother to help DH get it done though because it's driving me crazy.

It's funny how we want to get everything done before baby arrives when really the babies have no clue if it's finished or not. Yet, we can't fathom the thought of bringing them home with the slightest thing out of place. :) I think it's more of a subconcious thought in our mind that tells us we won't have time to do it afterwards. Plus, it's nice coming home to a house that is spotless.

Photobucket