New Year's Roll Call

iVillage Member
New Year's Roll Call
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 12:52pm

Happy New Year's everyone!  I'm so looking forward to having this baby soon and seeing what this new year has to bring and lots of changes for our family!

Name/ Location?

Due date?

Team Pink/Blue/Green?

Any weird symptoms lately?

Any New year's resolutions... or just wanting to have this baby already!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 7:33pm

Name/ Location? Mandi, Independence, KY

Due date? 2/15

Team Pink/Blue/Green? BLUE!!!!

Any weird symptoms lately? Not really anything weird. A lot of contractions and cramping and the other usual stuff.

Any New year's resolutions... or just wanting to have this baby already! We are going to work towards saving more money! And yes, definitely wanting to have this baby so I can live a normal life again. A bottle of Moscato has been calling my name. :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 4:17pm

Name/ Location?  Kristy/Maine

Due date?  Feb 16th

Team Pink/Blue/Green?  Team Blue

Any weird symptoms lately? Sciatic and other pelvic pain if I've been too active (moving furniture, cleaning the house, coaching volleyball) but it's manageable and usually goes away after a good night's rest.

Any New year's resolutions... or just wanting to have this baby already!  One of my resolutions is to spend more time with my family.  My parents aren't getting any younger and I'm lucky to have two grandmothers that are still in good health.  I want to spend more time with them while I'm on maternity leave (probably through May) and this summer as I plan to work part-time from May - August before returning full-time.  I also want to complete a triathlon this summer - not a crazy-long one - but I'm fairly active and have never done one before.  I'd like to give it a shot!  Oh and of course my most important goal is to be the best mom ever :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 6:32pm
Name/ Location? Micelle/ Massachusetts Due date? 2/16 but C-section is 2/11 Team Pink/Blue/Green? BLUE Any weird symptoms lately? Complete burst of energy!! I was SO tired for so long and now for some reason I can get things done! I think it may be the nesting phase...... Any New year's resolutions... or just wanting to have this baby already! Just to get everything done for my new little guy!
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 11:35am

Name/ Location? Amber/ Montana

Due date? 2/15/13

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Pink

Any weird symptoms lately? I've started getting the painful braxton hicks contractions as of late. Especially if I walk around on concrete floors for too long or over-do it when I'm cleaning house. All I have to say is- ouch. Other than that, I'm just super tired all the time and want to nap. 

Any New year's resolutions... My resolution is to have my life organized by Feb. 1.  I'm FINALLY going to organize all my paperwork, and get us on a good budget before I have to quit work. DH will be starting a new job on March 4, so we're going to lose my income and a portion of his for 15 weeks while he's training. I also really want to have the baby's room finished by Feb 1st as well. My personal resolution is to give myself a break this year while I ease into mommyhood. I have so many expectations of myself that I'm sure are ridiculous, so I just want to enjoy this first year with my sweet little girl with no regrets :). 

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 10:03am

Name/ Location?

Amy Lynn in Minnesota

Due date?

February 10th

Team Pink/Blue/Green?

Team Pink

Any weird symptoms lately?

Last night I was up for about 1 1/2 hours because of cramping and random contractions. I was so miserable! Thankfully a scalding hot shower calmed my body down and I was finally able to fall asleep. I am feeling much better today. 

Any New year's resolutions?

Obviously get baby out is number one. LOL My goal is to exclusively pump for 1 full year with this baby. My supply pooped out on me with Wyatt and I had to supplement with formula. But at least he got some breastmilk for his entire first year. I also am kicking the entire family's butt into what needs to be a family resolution. Our entire second floor is an episode of Hoarders and we so badly need to get it cleaned out. There are 4 bedrooms upstairs. We remodeled 1 room and Bryan moved up there before Wyatt was born. Now Wyatt and Adelia will be sharing a room down here because we don't have anymore rooms upstairs renovated. So my goal for this year is to get the remaining 3 rooms cleaned out so we can start remodeling the rooms and maybe move Wyatt upstairs with Bryan. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 12:56pm

Name/ Location?  Dina/ Iowa

Due date?  Feb 18th

Team Pink/Blue/Green?  Team Pink

Any weird symptoms lately? Just a pain on my lower back just above my butt. It's off to the left and I'm wondering if it's my sciatic.

Any New year's resolutions... or just wanting to have this baby already!  I just want to get everything ready for this baby before mid January. My shower is this weekend and then I'm hoping to get everything bought that we need and then it'll just be waiting for this little one to come. It's more stressful knowing that I'm not ready yet.  I know I have time, but I thought I'd have more done by now, but the holidays delayed everything a little bit.

Photobucket