Ooops! I forgot to update on my birth plan.

iVillage Member
Ooops! I forgot to update on my birth plan.
Thu, 12-27-2012 - 12:36pm

I had an OB appointment last week where I got to discuss my birth plan. The weather was HORRIBLE but I was going to pregnant girl stomp my butt down there if I needed to so we could finally get an answer. I was planning to ease into the whole VBAC discussion by starting with a few questions about things like heartburn. She had other ideas and jumped on it the second after we said our hellos. LOL We weighed the pros and cons of a VBA2C vs a third c-section. The down sides were of course 2 previous c-sections and my weight. Also the possability of going through all that labor just to end up with another c-section. Which is what happened with my first birth so I am prepared for that possablility. The up sides for me were that I have gone into labor naturally and dilated on my own in the past. My surgical records show a healthy uterus with solid thick layers that were stitched up well and should be able to with stand contractions just fine. The ONLY reason for my past 2 c-sections was breech presentation which is not an issue in this pregnancy. She said that if I really have my heart set on it then she gives me the OK to attempt a VBAC. YEAH! I was so relieved to hear that. I think the final point that pushed her over the edge to saying yes was that I made it perfectly clear that no matter what as long as baby and I are safe and healthy I will be happy with my birth. I am open to what ever comes. She said that is an awesome attitude going into any birth but especially a VBAC. She said that made her more comfortable in saying yes. I also told her I do NOT want to sit around and just wait for this baby to come. I do NOT want to go over due. I need an end date. So we made the plan to schedule a c-section with the possabliity of a VBAC. My husband and I talked it over a lot and feel like this is the most comfortable route for us. So I scheduled a c-section for February 4th. If I go into labor naturally on my own before the surgery date I will attempt a VBAC. If not then she will be come via c-section and I am still happy with that. The OB did laugh, pat me on the belly and say IF I make it to 39 weeks we will do a c-section. Bryan was born at 36 weeks 6 days and Wyatt was born on 37 weeks exactly. So we will see if she follows the trend or tries to hang out longer. LOL So she could be here as soon as 3 weeks 2 days but no longer then 5 weeks 3 days!!! I am so ready for Adelia to come. I have everything ready with only a few minor things to accomplish in the next 3 weeks like installing the car seat base and figuring out where I am going to keep my pump. I starting to get really excited! 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-28-2012 - 10:30am

Sounds like a great plan! I can't believe you have such a short time left! I hope the Vbac works out this time. 

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-28-2012 - 1:22pm

WOW! February 4th is just around the corner!  That sounds like a fantastic plan, and I hope it all goes well and you get to have your VBA2C.. Sounds like you could potentially have a January baby as well!

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-29-2012 - 11:48am
Ya I am kinda hoping for January. LOL I am more then ready for baby to be here. Everything is done and just waiting for her. I am pretty well sick of being pregnant. We have a holiday party with friends on January 19 and I will be 37 weeks on the 20th. The only day I don't want her to come is on January 31 because it is my niece's first birthday.
Photobucket