Opinions, please!

iVillage Member
Opinions, please!
Sat, 01-05-2013 - 8:01pm

Hi there!  My husband and I have had our baby girl name set as Jane Elizabeth.  We love the idea of something clean and classic, but nothing too trendy that will quickly go out of style or be dated.  Suddenly we are having second thoughts.  I'd love some opinions on the following:

Jane Elizabeth vs.

Avery Elizabeth vs.

Harper Anne or Mackenzie Anne???

Thoughts are much appreciated :)

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-19-2013 - 10:08pm

I like Jane Elizabeth. We have been up and down the name road countless times with this pregnancy. After we had agreement this last time I said - ok - we will NOT talk about this any more! LOL So stick with your gut! :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 7:31pm

I like Jane Elizabeth or Avery Elizabeth.  The first sounds more classic but they both are cute.

You may not make your final decision until you see her or go into labor.  That is what happened with my first daughter.  We did not choose her middle name until I arrived at the hospital in labor and saw nurse's name was one of the middle names we discussed. 

You may get a sign too!  Go with your gut!  Laughing

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 7:31pm

I like Jane Elizabeth or Avery Elizabeth.  The first sounds more classic but they both are cute.

You may not make your final decision until you see her or go into labor.  That is what happened with my first daughter.  We did not choose her middle name until I arrived at the hospital in labor and saw nurse's name was one of the middle names we discussed. 

You may get a sign too!  Go with your gut!  Laughing

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 12:49pm
I like Jane Elizabeth. Like you said it is clean and classic sounding.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 1:04pm
I love Harper Anne, but it's very popular right now. I think Jane Elizabeth is beautiful! We haven't even gotten our name picked out yet. I'm still bugging DH to work on looking at the baby name book and the weeks until delivery are getting fewer and fewer.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 11:17am

My vote is for Jane Elizabeth too.. It's timeless and beautiful and it reminds me of Pride and Prejudice :).. Harper and Avery are beautiful names too, but they're pretty trendy right now, so she could potentially be one of many when she starts school. 

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-06-2013 - 6:41pm

I like Jane Elizabeth. I am going through the same thing. You pick a name and then the due date gets so close you have second thoughts. I say you go with what you wanted! :)