Pacifiers?

iVillage Member
Pacifiers?
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 11:02am

I found an interesting article about how using pacifiers may supposedly stunt boy's emotional growth.  I'm not completely sure if I buy into all this, but it was interesting to read.  Do you plan on using a pacifier for your child and if so when is  it time to take the pacifier away?  I watched an episode of Toddlers in Tiara's and there was an older child with a pacifier and she kept yelling out for it all the time.  Personally I feel like I would not want my child using it after 1 year.  I guess I just feel like that's long enough and by then they shouldn't need it, but I've also never had to wean a baby off of the pacifier since I'm a first time mom.  What do you think about how long is too long for a pacifier? Any BTDT moms, when did you take away the pacifiers with your child or did they just stop needing it on their own?

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/pacifiers-may-stunt-boys-8217-emotional-development-163700328.html

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: mandi_poo
Sat, 09-22-2012 - 10:45am
And I thought 3 was a lot! I keep my eye on this one because I'm going to make sure it doesn't get lost!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-22-2012 - 2:01pm
I got super lucky. Both my boys gave up pacifiers on their own at some point during the first 6 months. The bottle is a different story .......
Photobucket

Pages