This pregnancy is making me mean!

iVillage Member
This pregnancy is making me mean!
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 2:07pm

Well, maybe not mean but it sure is making me speak my mind! I had to log off of facebook cause I was about to jump all over MANY people! I usually don't say what's on my mind but now I'm either saying it or writing it before I know it! Maybe things will get better in a few weeks?

Also, this board is ssssllllooooowwwwww! What, we have like 10 members? I mean March has almost caught up with us in posts!

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 9:25am

Ha!  I am way witchy-er also, but unfortunately DH gets the brunt of it ;-) 

Yeah, iVillage isn't what it used to be.  When I was pregnant with DS and DD and member of their birth clubs, you'd post a message in the morning and it'd be off the front page by the afternoon.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 11:42am
This board is super slow but at least everyone is nice. I lurk on a bigger board and so many of their posts get shut down because women get catty and mean on them. I hope this one will pick up. My DS's March 2009 board moved to fb eventually and we have about 100 women that all still talk and stuff. Actually I just met another mama and her Wild Thing (our board name) this past weekend.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 12:40pm

Yep, I'm still a part of DS's August 2008 Honeybees. We have since also moved to FB and I have met about 10 or so of them.

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 1:15pm

I've been a lot more...um..opinionated too since I got my BFP.  I'm usually an observer too, so I rarely get visibly angry, but man... Hormones make me crazy.  

I'm hoping that our board picks up a little bit when people de-lurk..  Come out, come out, wherever you are! Hehe. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 1:27pm

Oh ... I feel ya on the meanness coming out!  I've always been outspoken & kind of in your face, I'm def not afraid to speak my mind that's for sure!  But pregnancy hormones make me hiss & growl (my bf's description of my attitude) and dislike the average stranger (especially when out shopping for some reason) and I feel extra protective about my son & snarly towards people that approach him without warning me first these days.  The good news is that I get more lovey & affectionate with the people closest to me, so why I snap at strangers for a little bit of nothing, I hug & kiss on my LO & bf for a little bit of nothing too.  :smileyhappy:

And yes ... lurkers ... come out & chat, we're all pretty friendly here!  Even those of us that admit to feeling grumpy towards strangers.  :smileyhappy:

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 6:53pm

Lol. I didn't even think of that! Hey, this board is dead but I'm really mean! D'oh! Apparently I'm not too bright either. 

Photobucket
pregnancy
baby
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 9:26am

That's a very good point.  My son's board - the March 2006 one - just wound up dissolving, there were so many splinters in the group.  A group of women would get close, and then they would get ticked off about something and leave the board - it happened at least twice so after two large groups of women left, there was hardly anyone left for the playgroup. 

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 11:23am
I am having a hard time keeping my mouth shut too. It is probably a good thing my sister and I do not talk anymore. I don't think I could keep from smacking her! Although I will most likely see her on Sunday ... a little nervous about that.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 11:24am
Ya it is super slow. The expecting board I am on on Facebook has 300 people but they are MEAN as hell to each other. Poop hit the fan like 3 times just last night. I am much more comfortable here with you ladies.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 11:26am
The June 2010 Jitterbugs moved to facebook a long time ago. It just works better over there.
Photobucket

Pages