Preparing for stretch marks..

iVillage Member
Preparing for stretch marks..
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 12:56pm

So, I haven't noticed any new ones yet, but I have some on my butt and hips from my massive growth spurt my freshman year of highschool, so I know they're coming.  My mom doesn't have a single one, so I'm feeling pretty bummed that I didn't inherit her elastic skin.  I was just wondering if anyone else is starting to prep their skin and what they're using.. I've started using plain jojoba oil after my showers and I have to say, my skin looks fabulous.  I've been trying to avoid too many chemicals, so I opted out of some of the commercial brands of lotion in favor of straight oil.  I'm actually thinking of making my own mix with jojoba, sunflower oil, vit e oil and almond oil infused with a pregnancy safe herb.. Maybe lavender? Or orange peel?  My goal is to convince DH to heat it up and give me massages with it.. Hehe..

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 3:00pm

I didn't get any stretch marks with my first until the final 2 weeks, and then a few popped up on my lower belly, but they aren't bad.  I slatered on Palmers Tummy Butter at least twice a day the entire time I was pregnant and have already started my routine this time around.  A friend of mine gave me some expensive lotion meant to prevent stretch marks but I found it smelled a little funky & it just didn't feel as good on my skin as the Palmers does so I stuck with the cheap stuff. 

As a side note, the tummy butter works to prevent razor burn as well ... at least it does for me.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 4:20pm
I have them bad as well, despite all my efforts not to get them. I've learned to embrace them now... lol. My youngest thinks they are marks from a tiger? Haha... I guess some things are genetic and nothing we do will change it! Doesn't hurt to try though!!
Photobucket