Scary!

iVillage Member
Scary!
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 9:28pm
So, last week a baby was kidnapped from the hospital that I am going to deliver at!! This woman posed as a nurse to the family and as a family member to the nurses. Thank gosh they found the baby in like 5 hours, but how scary is that?? This hospital is a womens hospital that delivers roughly 10000 babies a year!! I didn't think this stuff happened anymore. They do have security bands on the baby, but it was removed because they were being discharged but was still in the nursery.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: duchessdina
Fri, 08-31-2012 - 4:00pm
That is pretty scary! I'd be taking a tour of the hospital and ask what further security changes they are planning to make. They should be making changes after something like that occurs. I would say you were planning to deliver there and want some reassurance that this will not happen to your baby!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: pinkheatherc
Fri, 08-31-2012 - 2:07pm
Note to self: as soon as the band is removed baby does not leave my arms. Man that is scary!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-31-2012 - 10:19am
Holy cow!!!! That is terrifying! I was always paranoid about the baby in the hospital and I never sent either one of my kids to the nursery for that reason. Even when they were circumcised my DH went down and stood outside the nursery window. I couldn't imagine how those parents felt. So glad the baby was found!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: hrtudy
Fri, 08-31-2012 - 10:04am

That is scary!  Remember to always ask to see the hospital worker's identification if you haven't met them before and seen their ID previously!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-31-2012 - 8:35am
Yikes! That's crazy! At the hospital where I delivered my boys, the security bands were not taken off of me or the babies until the nurse who wheeled us down to our car to go home took them off....well after we left the nursery and were wheeled past the security guard who checked the bands on the way down. Definitely sounds like they need to update their practices at this one, so hopefully this will implement that change!
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 10:57pm
Oh. My. Gosh. This is my worst nightmare come to life. I can't even imagine what that poor family went through during those 5 hrs. I hope the hospital beefs up its security before you deliver there.