Shopping for Maternity Clothes

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Shopping for Maternity Clothes
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 10:28am

I really don't want to do it (I don't like malls and crowds-especially now) but I am being literally pushed to the limit in my current wardrobe.  I notice the bump but I am not really visibly pregnant.   I want to make sure I choose things and have room to grow so I don't waste money.   

Has anyone else has started their maternity clothes shopping yet? 

Where do you look (maternity stores, regular deparment stores, online, etc.)?  Anyone just bought larger sized clothes instead?

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 4:53pm
I'm just finding all kinds of things sort-of in common with you today, Dina. First, both our husbands are part Lebanese. Now, I find out that you live in Iowa...and my father-in-law's family is from Iowa. Many of them still live in various parts of the state (mostly Hills, Cedar Rapids, & Des Moines, I think). Aside from his stint in the Navy and college & law school, I think my husband's grandpa lived his entire 86 years in Tipton & Cedar Rapids.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 5:43pm

I wear mainly Motherhood Maternity. Last time I got a nursing sports bra to wear more for sleeping and I hated it. The tanks never really worked for me. I would wait but depending how how much weight you gain you can easily buy the bras towards the end and have them still fit. I definitely had a couple different sizes. Don't wait too long though because if you go into labor early you'll have to send your DH out for one and who knows what he will come home with.  lol

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 11:40am

Haha!  I shudder at the thought of my hubby having to get a nursing bra for me!  He's bought a few bras for me in the past and let's just say that "function" is rarely a consideration!  Silly men!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 12:11pm
Mel my mother grew up in Hills, and we live in Cedar Rapids. That's pretty strange to have someone who's heard of it considering Hills is so small that I don't even think they have a grocery store after my grandfather's closed. That's too funny. It's amazing sometimes how small of a world it is!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 10:14pm
Dina, my husband's uncle is the current mayor of Hills. How funny that your mom grew up there! Definitely a small world!

Pages