Siblings close in age??

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Siblings close in age??
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 8:13am

Is anyone having their children close in age?  My children now are 6, 2 and 7.5 mths...... and I have another one the way............    im not sure how difficult this is going to be considering  in febuary my youngest will turn 1 (febuary 8th). Somedays I think that I am taking away from my youngest becuase I wont have much time to spend with her!

Does anyone else have these concerns or feedback from going through it also?

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 3:04pm
My kids are 25 months apart. My oldest's transition into becoming a big brother was really smooth. We talked it over with our pediatrician beforehand and she said to make sure we still spent time alone with him so that he doesnt feel like he's being replaced. She also said to tell family members when they came over to not leave him out. Automatically, when you have a new baby, people tend to want to hold him/her, say how cute he/she is, etc and she said that that can make the older sibling feel like they're less important. So when our parents came over we asked if they'd acknowledge the older sibling before the baby. It worked out really well and now they're best friends. :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 1:37pm

Mine are going to be about 20 months apart in age is all.  I'm mainly concerned about making sure that the new baby gets all the attention she needs without neglecting my son who is used to being the main attraction around here.  I'm scared that if I don't get it right that my little boy will be miserable & feel "replaced" or something like that and end up not bonding with his baby sister.  I try not to think about it too much because honestly it kind of stresses me out & depresses me all at the same time.  Ah, hormones ... what fun they are huh!?

Lilypie Maternity tickers