Sore belly...

iVillage Member
Sore belly...
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 2:04pm

This morning around 4 I got up to go to the bathroom and felt like I got the wind knocked out of me. My abdominal muscles are SORE.  At first I thought maybe it was just round ligament pain, but I feel it in my upper abdomen (breast bone to navel) and on either side.  The only thing I can think of is that I over-extended myself yesterday and pulled something.  I took my 2 year old neice to the park and we went down the slide a few times.  If I strained my abdominal muscles going down a slide I'm going to feel like the most out of shape person alive :smileytongue:.  The other theory I have is the baby is going through some kind of growth spurt and everything down there is stretching.  I guess this is what I get for not working out this whole pregnancy. 

iVillage Member
In reply to: abereth
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 4:53pm
Sorry you're feeling so sore. I guess it could be sore from pulling a muscle. Feel better.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 4:57pm
I've been getting a lot of tenderness lately, too, and I've been feeling a lot of tightness in the upper abdomen. I can't think of anything I've done that would have pulled a muscle or anything, and it comes and goes, so I just assume it's the baby, uterus, fluid, etc pushing everything else up. I remember feeling the same things during my last pregnancy, but I don't really remember WHEN I started feeling it. I do know I'm carrying this one very differently from how I carried Toby, though.

Anyway, I hope the soreness passes for you soon!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 10:13am
I have tenderness around my ribcage a lot. I always think it's because of my BBs being heavy and my underwire digging in my ribs, but it probably is your growing belly! Not much longer and all that space will be filled with baby! Hope you feel better soon. :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 11:31am

My belly has been sore too the last couple weeks, but my pain is lower in what I think is the uterus area.  I just started to show in the last week or two so I attributed it to things growing and shifting.  I also have noticed that if I go for a brisk walk or run (although running a LOT less lately) I tend to be a little sore in that area the next day.  Again, I just attribute it to stretching ligaments.  Hopefully that's all!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 11:39am

Well, I feel a little better now knowing that it's pretty normal. It feels less achy today, so that's nice. I've traded tummy pains for leg cramps though. Last night I woke up to the WORST charlie horse in my calf. I yelled so loud, DH woke up in a panic.. I  felt so bad. DH was a marine and went to Iraq twice and has PTSD.  When he wakes up abruptly like that, he thinks he's being attacked and can't sleep for the rest of the night :smileysad:.  I've been trying to drink a ton of water today and eat some potassium to see if that helps with the muscle cramps. Ah, pregnancy.. Ha.