Sway Method

iVillage Member
Sway Method
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 11:20am

Did any of you ladies try the sway method to try and conceive a certain gender? I never heard of it until we TTC this time around. If nothing else, I think it's an interesting read. Here is one site that shows the natural gender sway methods. http://www.in-gender.com/Gender-Selection/

We were going to try the Shettles Method (to shoot for a girl) but sort of conceived before we had the chance. :smileywink: Although, I did start to change my diet to more dairy and I started taking cranberry tablets. It'll be interesting to see if it works.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: slkem3
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 3:30pm
Haha, I know it' s a TON to remember. And I agree, it was totally fun to try with my third (although also stressful). And I wasn't sure I believed in it at the time, but I wanted to know that I had done EVERYTHING I could. LOL. KWIM? But this time around, I just don't believe in it, haha.
iVillage Member
In reply to: mandi_poo
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 5:47pm
Lindsay you're probably right. It's definitely fun to try though. My DH was even taking the cranberry tablets and he'd call me every morning and asked if I remembered to take mine. LOL. It is A LOT of stuff to remember.. take this, dont eat this, DTD on day 2 or 4 but not 3, dont have an O, dont let DH ride a bike, make sure DH wears boxers instead of briefs, like seriously! To get all that stuff 100% right, 100% of the time allows a ton of room from error. Plus, for girls it only had a 65% accuracy rate and normally it's a 50% chance anyway so not much more of a shot. We will see next month though!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 9:53am
I know a girl from another board who used the Shettles method. Her US is next week and I hope it worked for her.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 2:44pm
Yes, heard of it, researched it quite a bit, and swayed with ds #2 a little bit, and ds#3 A LOT. With ds#3, I had the PERFECT Shettles method attempt for a girl. I had a solid, 3-day cut-off. I was following the girl diet as well as taking the supplements (calcium, cranberry pills, etc). I thought for sure I'd have a girl. LOL. But he is definitely a boy! :smileyhappy: I decided that these methods are a load of crap! LOL! I really don't think it makes a difference...some people will sway and get their desired gender (but they probably would have anyway) and some people will sway and won't get the desired gender. It can still be fun to try though! I honestly think whoever is meant to be with you, will be the one who arrives! That is my current philosophy, so I did not even sway at all this time around.
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 1:17pm

Oh that's interesting.. I've heard of the Shettels method but not the sway method.   I've heard that PH balance can affect gender in most women.. Girl sperm seem to do better in an acidic environment or something like that.