Third Trimester!

iVillage Member
Third Trimester!
Wed, 11-28-2012 - 10:39am

I don't know about you ladies, but I feel like the 3rd trimester has hit me like a ton of bricks!  The last month or two was great with minimal heartburn, more energy - I even started doing some of my pre-pregnancy workout vidoes again.  But the last week has been another story completely.  I swear this baby doubled in size during week 27!  My stomach is really heavy and baby moves all-the-time.   My sister-in-law threw a baby shower for me over Thanksgiving and I just saw the pictures and was shocked at how puffy my face looked! I feel exhausted all the time and my legs and feet get so tired.  And we still have a couple months left - haha!  I always thought I would work right up until I went into labor - now I think I'll just stay in bed all of January!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-28-2012 - 11:08am

I  feel the same way. I have so much less energy and I'm exhausted all the time. Not to mention my hips are KILLING me. And I've gained a total of 43lbs with this baby so I'm sure that contributes a lot to the way I feel. I have a countdown timer on my computer and only.... 77 more days until my csection. WHEW!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-28-2012 - 2:42pm

Yes, yes, yes... Me too.  DH has been in awe of how huge the bump has grown just in the last couple weeks. He laughs every time he looks at it.  I'm really struggling with how I look right now too. My sister posted a picture of all of us granddaughters with our grandma on facebook, and I started bawling! My face looks swollen and haggard. Hahaha. Part of that was because I had an allergic reaction to my face wash, but man.. I feel like I aged ten years overnight. Now if I walk around or try to shop for too long, my legs and hips start to ache like crazy. I am soooo ready for it to be February. Actually kind of getting excited to get back in shape and feel normal again.  

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-29-2012 - 9:15am
I agree, Amber. Never in my life have I ever wanted to be dieting and doing hours and hours of cardio but I actually can't wait. I remember how good I used to feel compared to how I feel now. Sigh. We're almost there!!!!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-29-2012 - 10:43am

Seriously - just the other day I was thinking about how lucky my friends are that get to go out running.  Ha!  That's a thought that's NEVER crossed my mind before!  I feel like I'll never take by ability to get good exercise for granted again.  These ladies that work out every day until the day they deliver...how??  It's the best I can do to get through my work day, then whatever extra-curricular meeting I have after work, make something marginally ok for dinner, and make it to the couch to fall asleep to an episode of Mad Men :)

This should be our board's official complaint department thread.

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-29-2012 - 12:15pm

HA! I know exactly what you mean. I was watching a couple women running outside my house yesterday and I found myself extremely jealous that it wasn't me out there running in spandex when it's 20 degrees out. That's a first.  If I could walk two steps without my sciatic nerve going into spasms, I would walk outside more.. But it hurts. Really bad. And honestly, once I sit on my couch after work, I'm down for the count. If it wasn't for my poor starving husband coming home after work, I'd probably just have cereal every night for dinner. Sometimes the resulting mess after making a good meal doesn't feel worth it. 

Ok, I'm finished whining.. Haha.

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-30-2012 - 2:08pm

I'm starting to feel this as well.  I make DH so irritated because I want to stay up and watch whatever we're watching on TV but I fall asleep on the couch almost every night!  I think as soon as my butt hits the couch it pretty much becomes inevitable. This morning I woke up to some terrific back pain which is not great.  I'm fine sitting but as soon as I stand up it's awful.  It made it lots of fun to try to get the nursery room ready to paint, I'm not sure if I want to paint today if I'm going to feel like this!  My belly has definitely grown in the past couple of weeks.  At my U/S Monday they said she was already 3 pounds so I'm sure that's why!  I'm sure Feb will come quickly since the holidays are coming up quickly.  I'm hoping the distraction makes the time fly by!

Photobucket