Off Topic - Celebrity Break-ups

iVillage Member
Off Topic - Celebrity Break-ups
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 11:03pm

So is anyone else obsessed with reading the latest on the Robert Pattinson/Kristen Stewart deal?  I can't seem to help myself from reading what I can find.  I don't really even like the two of them that much - I LOVED the Twilight books and then the movies just didn't seem to live up to the books in my opinion.  But still, just out of the blue and now they have to go promote a movie together.

Prior to this, it was the Katie Holmes/Tom Cruise divorce.  That one is still kind of fascinating.  I bet no one is happier about Kristen Stewart cheating on her BF than Katie Holmes!  Finally got them off the front page of the tabloids - for the most part.

I know this is complete fluff, and hopefully you don't think less of me for my devotion to people.com for the latest celebrity news ;-)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 10:25am

Yeah, I don't think she is ugly, she just has an unfair comparison to live with.  I have to say that she and her hubby seem to be actually in LOVE with each other, versus some of these other couples.  I feel bad about their infertility issues.  Hopefully they'll be able to make soemthing happen.  Probably really hard to go through that in the public eye, althought it is their choice to be in the public eye and they get compensated really well for it so I can't feel too bad for them.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-11-2012 - 4:37pm
I'm super picky about which celebrities I care about and which ones I don't. I was actually really annoyed when E! texted me with 'breaking news' about Stewart and Pattinson. They are definitely a couple I DON'T care for. My favorite celebrity couple right now is probably Khloe and Lamar. I know people think she's ugly compared to her sisters but I love her. Brad and Angelina, Kim and the whole world, Katie and Tom, I could give 2 shakes about. Oh and I also like Beyonce and Jay-Z.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 11:50am

The Pattinson-Stewart deal makes me really sad.  The man that she cheated with has a family.. A wife and kids. There's been so much emphasis on Kristin and Rob and how they're fighting for custody of their dog and no one seems to remember that there are kids involved who are probably going to have to live with this scandal hanging over their heads forever.  Everyone makes mistakes, but it's hard to watch innocent kids get drug through the mud as a result. I hope their mom is able to shelter them from it a little bit.

On a side note, I cheered inwardly when I found out that Katie and Tom split. .. I remember Holmes from her Dawson's Creek days and she was so vibrant and happy. Every time I'd see pictures of her after they were married she would look more and more withdrawn and skinny.  What I've heard of Scientology is downright scary. I've had some friends who have been victims of cults and Scientology is a cult.  The fact that she felt the need to sneak around like her divorce was a covert operation says a lot. She was scared.. 

Ok, I'm done ranting.. Isn't it funny how easy it is to get wrapped up in the lives of people we've never met? hehe..

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 9:33am

Yeah, I don't know...  I read this stuff about how Katie Holmes is being followed by the church of scientology and about their Sea Org or whatever and how they brainwashed Tom and Nicole's kids into not liking Nicole but it seems so extreme to me!  On the other hand, Katie Holmes did feel the need to use disposable cell phones and laptops and the need to fire all the people around her hired by Tom in order to get the divorce so who knows.  I read somewhere that she is a 'feminist icon' now because of how aggressive she was with the divorce and I don't know that I would go THAT far ;-)  but man, way to go girl.  My opinion shot up big time.

As for KirStew, I think she has more money that R Pat now or at least close.  I feel like I see her attached to more movies than him nowadays.  But ditto on ruining her reputation.  i don't get famous people that do such stupid stuff in public or where they can be seen and they think they can get away with it!!  Or like John Edwards, "I'll father the child of my mistress and run for president of the country and NO ONE will know."  yeah right!!  Stupid people.

Sorry for such a fluff topic ladies!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 2:41pm

I try not to follow any of this stuff too closely, but inevitably, I end up clicking on a few headlines. What I've gotten out of the of Kristen/Robert & Katie/Tom thing is that while I was never a fan of either Robert Pattinson (seriously, the dude needs to take a shower more often) or Kristen Stewart, I admire Pattinson more than I used to simply for the way he has handled this situation. And I respect Katie all the more for how she has handled her situation, as well. There is a woman who had the disadvantage. She, with fewer assets, managed to blindside her control-freak of a husband and establish a life with her daughter that is extremely different from what he seems to have wanted for her -- and all he can do about it is try to lure her away from her mother by making every moment that of an over-the-top fairy tale. What he hasn't seemed to figure out is that in the long run, kids are more impressed by the time and effort you spend on them than the money you spend trying to impress them. (Then again, maybe he doesn't care as long as he gets to brainwash her into all that Scientology hoopla.)

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 9:35am
I heard that Kristen Stewart really had no emotional connection to Robert Pattinson anymore. The way they described it on the radio was.. would you be able to stay in a relationship if your bf was a millionaire but you had no emotional connection with him. I also heard that she was out with her friends and took some random guy back to her hotel room and when asked about it she said she'd do it again. I'm sure it's hard to go from a little attention from men to thousands of men throwing themselves at you but still, she's nuts! She's ruining her reputation.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 9:24am

Yeah the Jen and Brad thing still bugs me a little - more because Brad and Angelina were kind of sneaky about it I thought, they totally denied the affair at first. 

I don't understand why Kristen Stewart would make out with a guy other than her BF in PUBLIC.  She has to know that the chances of someone taking her picture are pretty high.  It is almost like she wanted to get caught.  It has to be harder to take a cheater back when everyone in the world knows that you were cheated on.  Plus, I guess she is already signed on for a sequel to the Snow White & the Huntsman movie with the same guy. 

I think I was more surprised by Katie Holmes' fierceness for lack of a better term with her divorce - she just seemed so demure to me but she totally I guess planned pratically a secret operation to get the divorce ready to go. 

Ahhhh, celebrity gossip... you should've seen me during the charlie sheen meltdown...

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-08-2012 - 8:44am
I love celeb gossip as well. I always hate when the marriages don't work out. I was so heartbroken over Jen and Brad and, more recently, Katy Perry and Russell Brand. I always want everyone to work things out. I was kinda stunned by the Katie and Tom divorce but now that I think about it, it's really not that surprising. He's gotten weirder over the years. :smileyvery-happy:
Photobucket