Trend Alert: Gender Reveal Cakes!

iVillage Member
Trend Alert: Gender Reveal Cakes!
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 9:55am

Finding out the sex of your baby from the ultrasound tech has become passe. In 2012, expectanting parents are discovering whether they're having a boy or girl in a sweeter and much more public way -– with a gender reveal cake. Here's how it works: Couples ask the ultrasound tech or OB to write down their baby’s gender and they seal the note in an envelope, which parents bring to a bakery. The cake-maker then prepares a confection that reveals nothing on the outside, but is filled with either pink or blue frosting. The first slice spills the secret! 

The Biggest Pregnancy Trends of 2012-http://www.ivillage.com/biggest-pregnancy-trends-2012/6-b-470484#ixzz22OezUTFt 

Such a fun idea!  Is anyone planning to do something similar? 

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 11:35am
I am planning something kind of like this for work. I work with disabled young adults and we have a cooking class night every Thursday. My plan was to either make a cake or maybe those cake pop thingies. For dessert we will have them to reveal the gender. I might even have them put their guesses in first and have a little prize for the winners. When they bite into them they will see pink or blue!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 2:58pm
I totally want to do this with my family! I was planning on doing cupcakes, with either pink or blue filling...then take them to our next big family party! Such a cute idea!