What are you most looking forward to?

iVillage Member
What are you most looking forward to?
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 12:41pm

So, I've been pretty down the past week or so.  The weather has turned dismal and the political ranting has reached epic proportions that my pregnant brain can't handle right now (seriously, SO tired of it all).. In an effort to regain a positive attitude, I thought I would start a thread that focuses on all the positive things going on in our lives right now. What are you most looking forward to in the next few months of pregnancy and when our LOs arrive? What are you thankful for?  

I am really looking forward to Christmas this year with DH.. It will be our last one as a childless couple and I'm already thinking of ways to really make it special.  We've also been talking about special traditions that we want to start with our baby starting next year. So thankful that I'm blessed with such a great hubs.

Delivery! Although I'm nervous about having an all-natural birth, I am SO excited to meet this little girl. Her personality is really starting to show and she's been interacting with us. We did the flashlight trick the other morning and she kept poking me right where the light was shining. I'd move it around and she'd get all excited and follow it. So cute!

I'm really looking forward to seeing my 2 year old niece Bailey interact with this baby. We have an incredibly close relationship, and she's so, so excited about the baby. My sister is a single mom and the father isn't in her life at all, so DH and I have kind of been her second parents since she was born. She calls the baby "sissy cousin" and kisses my belly... Talk about melt your heart. I really hope these two love each other like sisters and grow up the best of friends.

Ok, now it's your turn :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 5:21pm

One thing I'm really looking forward to is holding this baby for the first time. The day or 2 (or more for some of us) that we spend in the hospital is such a special time. I love the bonding experience during the first few hours after delivery. It's almost as if nothing else matters in the world. My youngest DS asked me yesterday when we get to have the new baby and I told him after Christmas and he goes "ahh well I just can't wait to see him." Just to know that he already loves him so much and he's even born yet is an awesome thing.

And I know what you mean about the belly kisses. My boys always hug me and their heads are right at my belly so they always say they are hugging Avery too. It's definitely a Kodak moment. :)

I'm also looking forward to doing things as a family of 5. As my boys get older they have started doing more things with DH, getting haircuts, playing football, things like that and I miss having them sitting around me watching me paint my nails. They know "it's for girls" now so they aren't too interested in what I have going on. I think having the baby around will give me more bonding time with them on a more sensitive level rather than a rough and tough boy level, if that makes any sense. :)

And I'm really looking forward to baby cuddles. There is no greater love than the love you feel from a baby!! Just knowing they need you and rely on you makes you feel so wanted. It's an awesome feeling.

Oh one more thing, seeing your DH bond with the baby right after birth is amazing. Just watching him hold the baby with tears in his eyes is beyond words!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-07-2012 - 6:50pm

First off I will be excited to see boy or girl!  I am looking forward to seeing his or her little face, counting his or her toes and just holding and cuddling with the baby.  Collyn was never super cuddly although he's a total Mama's boy, so I'm excited for a little baby to snuggle with :)  Aww this post got me ALLLL excited :)

Collyn 9 mo siggy
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-08-2012 - 10:52am
I'm looking forward to that time of bonding right after she is born. I can't wait to see DH melt when he sees his little girl. Right now he keeps making comments that she's never dating and that he hopes she's not a charmer so that the boys will stay away. I can't wait until he sees her and will hopefully forget all of that and just snuggle up with her and bond with her. I can't wait to figure out our own holiday traditions when she gets here. We haven't talked much about it yet, but I'm sure we will try to do lots of special things around the holidays since we both had great traditions growing up.

Photobucket