What do you think the sex is?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
What do you think the sex is?
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 7:19am

Are you finding out what you are having? or are you keeping it a secret?  Do you have a mothers feeling to what you are having? or have you found out already?

This time around I am certain it is a boy, however Im not going to convince myself of anything just yet until I find out.... I am also planning on finding out but not telling anyone what it is... Last PG I told the sex but not the name.... just to leave everyone at a little bit of expense....

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 9:53am
Lindsay, I can totally relate. I feel like all we make is boys. I sure hope I'm wrong. Our ultrasound is Monday too. It got moved up and I'm so anxious. Especially since my mom keeps patting my belly and asking my boys if they are ready for a little princess. I keep telling her she's going to be disappointed if she's wrong!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-21-2012 - 9:50am
Dina, that is definitely irritating! It's pretty easy to be right when you have a 50/50 shot!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 4:43pm
At the beginning, I had a feeling this one would be a girl, but at my 14 week NT scan, my high-risk OB said he was 95% certain we would be welcoming a baby boy again in February. I suppose we'll find out if he was right at the end of October (which just irritates me because I'm 20 weeks at the beginning of October, but the Army is just terrible about scheduling, so by the time they would even consider scheduling my u/s, there was nothing available until the 22nd). We won't keep the gender a secret, and in fact, when we find out, I'm mailing packages to our families that will reveal both the gender and the name.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 3:36pm
I really have no 6th sense about it at all. I think it is probably a boy because I just assume that's all we make. LOL. We find out on Monday! I haven't told anyone that the u/s is on Monday because I want a few days to myself to grieve the daughter I'll never have, if that's the case. It's already getting really obnoxious all the comments people make to me about how I need a girl and blah, blah, blah. It's not like it's up to me, so why bother telling me that? Just sick of it all!
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 2:30pm

This is my first so I have no experiential basis for this, but I feel like I'm having a girl.  This doesn't make sense biologically, but the women on my mom's side of the family have ONLY had girls.  My grandmother: two girls.  My mom: two girls.  My aunt: two girls.  My two cousins, each: two girls.  So I'm next...

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 1:56pm

Oh, I forgot to mention that we will be finding out.. Probably first week in October.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 1:55pm

I've felt like this babe is a boy from the beginning. Timing wise it would make sense since I got pregnant the day I ovulated (according my app that I use to track my cycles for natural family planning).  I've been asking people what they think I'm having and just about everyone has said boy.  If this little squirt turns out to be a girl I'll be surprised, but not unhappy.  I would love a boy first but I really REALLY want at least one girl.. Preferably two since I loved having sisters. There's a lot of pressure on us to have a boy since there aren't any on DH's side of the family and he needs to "carry on the name".  Healthy is the only thing that is really important to me right now.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 1:34pm

This made me laugh because I would be the exact same way if I were in your shoes!  LOL!  It annoys me to no end when people do stuff like that & I tend to root for them to be wrong just so they'll shut up.  :smileyhappy:

With this pregnancy I'm not sure if it was just hopeful thinking or if I really "knew" but I always felt that it was a girl this time, and I was right.  With my son I never really had a feeling either way.  But with both of my kids I've found out gender really early on so maybe if I had to wait for the 20wk u/s I would have developed some stronger feeling one way or the other.  Who knows. :smileyhappy:

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 12:24pm

Oh and sorry about your sister Dina, that is annoying.  That kind of thing really annoys me.  I also got annoyed with DH's family beause they would guarantee that the baby would look a certain way based on how my husband looked when he was born and I was just like "Hello, I am contributing 50%of the DNA here so shut the heck up!"

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 12:22pm

We are also staying team green until the end but it is fun guessing all the same.  For the longest time I was thinking girl but lately I don't know, boy just seems to be more on my mind, boy names, calling the fetus my little guy or speaking to it more like it is a boy.  We are lucky that we already have one of each so no pressure and I can see both pros and cons with having another boy or another girl.  Healthy is all that really matters.

Photobucket

Pages