Who's broken the pregnancy 'rules'?

iVillage Member
Who's broken the pregnancy 'rules'?
Sun, 07-22-2012 - 10:39pm

I am so over the rules and what I can and can't do. I've had terrible migraines (I lost my vision in my left eye one day last week) and I can't take anything stronger than tylenol for them. I finally gave up and had some coffee to keep them at bay. Which tasted delicious and of course now I want more. I've also been eating sandwiches with cold lunch meat. Feta cheese is my favorite and I've been eating it on my salads.  I have stayed away from wine and alcohol but that's mainly because the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach. And I've been drinking tons and tons of water. I'm sure there's more rules I've broken but can't think of any right now. How about you ladies? What rules have you broken or just openly discarded? :smileywink:

Photobucket

iVillage Member

Well, I have a cup of coffee every morning (just one, the size of a mug.  Not a Starbucks grande or anything :smileywink:).  And I just got back from a trip to MD, NY, and then MO.  In MD, my mother doesn't give a darn about eating healthy.  So, when in Rome...  In NY, my dad actually does try to eat healthy, but NY is also the land of pizza and bagels.  And in Missouri, everything was fried or came with an extra serving of bacon and cheese.  And my MIL had these evil bowls of candies around the house.

I've cleaned up my act a lot since I got home on Saturday, but even still, I've had meals involving french fries twice.  AND two Dr. Peppers (I don't drink soda).  These cravings are out of control!  My mantra is now lean meats, veggies, and fruit; lean meats, veggies, and fruit...

Oh, I've also eaten deli meat.  And some soft cheeses, though that was before I remembered that rule. 

Glad to know I'm not the only one :smileywink:

Photobucket